ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Commitment

Former San Houston State signee. That should make for an interesting meeting between the two.

Other offers:
Radford
Presbyterian College
Manhattan
Southeast Missouri State
Milwaukee
NC Central

Reading up on Alston. At Liberty Christian High in NC an article read that Torey was averaging 22.8 ppg, 13.8 rpg, & 4 blocks. He also had 3 triple doubles in the 1st 12 games. He was the #4 small forward coming out of high school in NC, & ranked the states #11 prospect. Video highlights show the ability to drive the ball inside & also has a good outside jumper.
CNM is apparently showing he wants next year's squad to have even more length than any of MT's other squads in recent history.
Now that the 3,4, & 5 positions are more than covered would really like to see a couple of solid shooting guards recruited to complete the roster.

Last edited:
For those interested, there is an 8:16 highlight reel on YouTube titled "6' 9 Torey Alston Summer Highlights". It was downloaded November of last year.
Immediate takeaway was he reminded me of Lenard Jr. in how effortless it seemed for him to get high to the rim. Plus the added bonus was his outside shooting from mid to long range.
Of course being a highlight reel take from it what you will, but when it comes to scoring the positive thing is he doesn't appear to be a one trick pony.

For those interested, there is an 8:16 highlight reel on YouTube titled "6' 9 Torey Alston Summer Highlights". It was downloaded November of last year.
Immediate takeaway was he reminded me of Lenard Jr. in how effortless it seemed for him to get high to the rim. Plus the added bonus was his outside shooting from mid to long range.
Of course being a highlight reel take from it what you will, but when it comes to scoring the positive thing is he doesn't appear to be a one trick pony.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I see from the MT BASKETBALL twitter sight that summer workouts for the men's team are taking place now. Was hoping the full team roster could have been set by the time these practice sessions began.
Has anyone heard of any rumblings for the last roster spot? Still plenty of time. Find it interesting we were able to fill 5 spots in basically 2 weeks from mid April to first of May. But things seemed to have slowed down for our last acquisition this past month.

I see from the MT BASKETBALL twitter sight that summer workouts for the men's team are taking place now. Was hoping the full team roster could have been set by the time these practice sessions began.
Has anyone heard of any rumblings for the last roster spot? Still plenty of time. Find it interesting we were able to fill 5 spots in basically 2 weeks from mid April to first of May. But things seemed to have slowed down for our last acquisition this past month.
I think that is intentional. We’re probably waiting on someone to realize the P5 offer isn’t coming like they think it is.

Reactions: MTFAN61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT