ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Coaching Search

As to where Massaro’s HC hires came from, did not fact-check this on GoBlueRaiders.com, but at least 90% sure of its accuracy for the most part.
(2) softball coaches- somewhere in the state of Kentucky & HS coach at Manchester, TN.
W b-ball coach- Shelbyville HS, TN
W golf coach- Ark State HC
M golf coach- Ga Tech assistant
M tennis coach- Drake U HC
W tennis coach- Chattanooga HS HC, I think?
(2) volleyball coaches- HC Carson-Newman & assistant at Auburn
Baseball coach- assistant MT
football coach- assistant S Carolina
M b-ball coach- HC UNC Asheville
Can’t recall if he hired the soccer coach or not.

Yep, that is one strong Carolina connection.
Not to nitpick, but Breeden's last HS stop was Riverdale, not Manchester

Mr. Toman.... Welcome to MT! Well see a difference within two years. I hate that you guys are poopooing this but I am very happy about this. Youll see.

I think the high school beat writer wrote the dnj article on the new baseball coach.

Yes, it was Cecil Joyce. I get so sick of the DNJ having 4 or 5 stories EVERY day on UT and none on the Blue Raiders. Just a sorry waste of trees.

That's the Gannett state-wide crap. We had enough urenge stuff before this "realignment". Not living in Rutherford Co. I don't take the DNJ but The Tennessean has more about Memphis than all the mid-state non-$EC schools combined. They have given up on giving readers what they should be getting and instead using their state wide network to produce material at the lowest cost possible.

Mr. Toman.... Welcome to MT! Well see a difference within two years. I hate that you guys are poopooing this but I am very happy about this. Youll see.

I won’t say I am down on this hire, depending on who he gets as assistants, this may be a great move.

But he had one of the least impressive introductory press conferences I have ever seen. Of course, we need him to win on the field, not the press conference.

Plus we know we missed on Bragga first. It sucks we missed on our first choice.

So tempered optimism.

I don't care how he does in front of the mic. Just win.
Like our bb coach let's give these guys a chance.

I won’t say I am down on this hire, depending on who he gets as assistants, this may be a great move.

But he had one of the least impressive introductory press conferences I have ever seen. Of course, we need him to win on the field, not the press conference.

Plus we know we missed on Bragga first. It sucks we missed on our first choice.

So tempered optimism.
There was zero chance Bragga was coming here. He had numerous opportunities after the season and MT was way down the list.

There was zero chance Bragga was coming here. He had numerous opportunities after the season and MT was way down the list.

You never know. When Massaro decided to fire Mac, he could have used backroom channels to set it up in principle before the rest of the country knew who he was. It happens ALL the time. Lots of current coaches are signed to their next job before their current season ends (Scott Frost, Dan Mullen just off the top of my head from this year). Instead by interviewing after the Supers run, we had no chance. Heck John Cohen at MSU has been talking to potential candidates while his current interim coach has the team 1 game from the CWS championship series.

The frustration wasn’t missing Bragga after the season, its that Massaro didn’t have it unofficially vetted, interviewed and offered prior to TTUs season ending. Who knows, a proactive AD could have had Bragga sealed so that the day after Austin Super regional, he was being introduced as our coach, instead of interviewing 2 days later. And if you look at open jobs after the season Rice and Mississippi State are really the only 2 open jobs better than us. And Bragga interviewed with us and the only reason he was at Rice is their first choice turned THEM down.

That shows how slow we were. Rice had interviewed and been turned down by their first choice before we interviewed our first choice. So we really don’t know.

Doesn’t matter now though.

I don't feel lucky. I feel like we undershot yet again. We'll see how it plays out but Massaro is just Carolina dippin. What the heck happened for him to leave a HC job for an assistant job? Something feels a bit sketchy. Don't get it.

The Liberty folks sure liked him and other folks in the conference are impressed with the hire. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT