ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CKD: “Our league has to stop being bought!”

Interesting article and shows how the power schools control the scheduling. And also about several teams that IMHO should not be D1 schools is the have to play 4-5 money games a year to fund the program.

If you put a dollar cap on a program I think it could cause more problems.

At the end of the day, at least we always have the tournament. Every D1 team has a shot, it might be small but if you win your tournament you are in the NCAA Tourney. Can't say the same about football.

Great article! To me, the answer became obvious to non Power 5 teams when Murray State winning 25 games in a row in 2014-15, loses to Belmont on practically a buzzer beater 88-87 and misses the NCAA tournament for the NIT (think was as a low 4 seed)...that's the same Murray State who came into Murphy Center in November, 2014 and took it to us pretty good. And then Murray played two road games, IIRC in the NIT as their reward.

Way it is set-up now, OOC is for fundraising, conference schedule is for conference tournament seeding (bye's and double byes), and it comes down to 72 hours in March as far as the season being a resounding success, a serious disappointment, or abject failure. Will whole heartily agree that MBB/WBB is much more fair than BC$ version of football and College Football Playoff. One other think I'm curious about is the Final Four being on TBS this year, how will ratings stack up on viewership? TBS is a channel known for having reruns of Dallas and The Dukes of Hazzard...it seems quieter in the promotions department from CBS, CBSSN, or any of the affiliated channels for NCAA basketball

....One other think I'm curious about is the Final Four being on TBS this year, how will ratings stack up on viewership? TBS is a channel known for having reruns of Dallas and The Dukes of Hazzard...it seems quieter in the promotions department from CBS, CBSSN, or any of the affiliated channels for NCAA basketball

This is ridiculous. For years I've heard that the reason for not shifting the season not to compete with college football bowl season was the Master's. Could the NCAA at some point tell CBS to take a hike and shift to another network?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT