ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte's new MBB coach

When I was a kid my aunt lived in Cleveland and my sister and I used to spend our summers there going to Cavs games and Indians games. I loved Mark Price. He was incredible to watch. I'm sure I'll have a little fanboy moment next time Charlotte comes to town...

As for his credentials, at least he's been in the coaching ranks for a good while now. I like this hire for Charlotte..
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Interesting hire. Charlotte is definitely one of the more attractive MBB jobs in C-USA. I was thinking the other day that it would be interesting to take a poll of 100 coaches (head coach or assistant coach) and have them rank the C-USA jobs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by RandallThomason:
Interesting hire. Charlotte is definitely one of the more attractive MBB jobs in C-USA. I was thinking the other day that it would be interesting to take a poll of 100 coaches (head coach or assistant coach) and have them rank the C-USA jobs.
That would be an interesting exercise. Reckon what a group of coaches's criteria would be?

Coaches Salaries?

Budget?

Facilities?

Historical success/post season frequency? Basketball School as opposed to football school?

Predecessors' career paths or coaching graveyard?

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Originally posted by RandallThomason:
That would be an interesting exercise. Reckon what a group of coaches's criteria would be?

Coaches Salaries?

Budget?

Facilities?

Historical success/post season frequency? Basketball School as opposed to football school?

Predecessors' career paths or coaching graveyard?
Certainly some combination of all of those.

I'd say my initial ranking of the jobs would be something like this, just thinking about things off the top of my head, although multiple arguments could be made:

1) UTEP
2) Charlotte
3) WKU
4) UAB
5) ODU
6) LT
7) MT
8) Marshall
9) NT
10) UTSA
11) Rice
12) USM