ADVERTISEMENT

Changing your view on an issue

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
As readers to this forum know, we have debated and discussed many issues over the years ad nauseam. That said, I'm curious to know if anyone is willing to admit changing his or her view on an issue as a result of our discussions. Although I can't say that I have been persuaded to take a different view on an issue as a result of a poster's convincing arguments, I can say that my view of Islam has changed from a tolerant one to an intolerant one based on the actions of Muslim terrorists and the inaction of "moderate" Muslims to their radical brethren. As some of you may recall, I once had tolerance for all religions but I can no longer say that about Islam. With widespread Muslim terrorism, I'm now convinced that Islam is a religion laid down in writing over a millennium ago with violence and oppression at its heart. That is not to say that I believe most Muslims are bad people because they are not. I'm merely saying that I believe Islam is not a religion of peace and one I can no longer tolerate.

That is one issue that I have changed my view. What is yours?

This post was edited on 2/24 4:26 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

I've come to agree that the overseas corporate tax is an issue and that we have an overall spending problem that needs to be addressed, but to include the "defense" budget (which is really an offense budget and unconstitutional).

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
As readers to this forum know, we have debated and discussed many issues over the years ad nauseam. That said, I'm curious to know if anyone is willing to admit changing his or her view on an issue as a result of our discussions. Although I can't say that I have been persuaded to take a different view on an issue as a result of a poster's convincing arguments, I can say that my view of Islam has changed from a tolerant one to an intolerant one based on the actions of Muslim terrorists and the inaction of "moderate" Muslims to their radical brethren. As some of you may recall, I once had tolerance for all religions but I can no longer say that about Islam. With widespread Muslim terrorism, I'm now convinced that Islam is a religion laid down in writing over a millennium ago with violence and oppression at its heart. That is not to say that I believe most Muslims are bad people because they are not. I'm merely saying that I believe Islam is not a religion of peace and one I can no longer tolerate.

That is one issue that I have changed my view. What is yours?

This post was edited on 2/24 4:26 PM by nashvillegoldenflash
FWIW, you helped convince me that voting for Romney was a better option than not voting at all. Even though I wasn't a big fan of Romney, voting for him was a much, much better option than not voting at all. Not voting at all would've been just like a vote for Obama. And even though Romney lost, I'm still glad I did the right thing by voting for him, and I give a lot of credit for that to you for encouraging me. Thanks, my friend.

--BBJ

I give BRF credit for raising awareness of student loan debt a number of years back, although I believe the borrower is still slave to the lender. I think there is an injustice in how the entire student loan business is handled at the individual level.

We have govt pushing education as the way out, we have govt driving up the cost of education with ease of loans. But when the promises of govt fall short, the individual is left holding the bag. I still think you shouldn't borrow money until its the last option, but the idea of students graduating with 100K of debt while the politiicans remain in power and the schools cash the checks, this is something wrong with all this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT