ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL C-USA Tournament TV

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Since it's looking more and more like I won't be able to make Frisco I decided to look at the TV schedule for the tournament. You gotta be kidding me?

WTH does it mean when it says "Facebook"? Stadium FB perhaps?
What does "Stadium/Twitter" imply? To me that implies those games will be carried on the Stadium channel I have on Comcast along with somewhere on Twitter but?
And while I have CBS Sports for the two Championship games I have many acquaintances who might tune in but don't have it (and/or Stadium) on their cable/satellite provider.

This really SUX!!! TV package is really promoting the conference; Not! This must be addressed at the conference level (and while we're at it those in the offices in Murphy and Cope need to address the radio network for games and coach's shows - are we even trying to reach fans and potential fans?).

Who doesn't have Facebook?

It's free and cake to use.

Get with the times?

If it is on Facebook, it actually is a pretty good feed.

I used the facebook app on my Amazon Fire TV for the UAB game. Feed was clear and really good. Able to watch on my big screen just like if it was on cable.

I will say I didn't care for the announcers though.

What the ? A curtain to separate the courts ?

I never heard of such a thing makes no sense to me.

Does not seem like a good idea to have 2 games going on at once with a giant curtain in between.

Speaking of tv, the local sports hack, Steve laymen, goes out of his way not to mention MT. No mention tonight of the game tomorrow but he does talk about TSU. What a dick.

This thread exemplifies the reason for my frustration with the horrible job being done by the C-USA HQ.

Sure, most people are changing and adapting to tech advances. Live sports broadcasts have been one of the few exceptions to rapid changes. Sports broadcasting is changing, it has been slower or more resistant to those changes. People like their sports live and on larger screens if possible.

Streams online for dedicated fans are somewhat serviceable for the more dedicated fans. I doubt others are finding those games especially when casual fans would not know exactly when or where to look. Many of the more casual or general sports fans run across the games surfing through the sports channels on cable/sat etc. Even ESPN3 seems to be catching on somewhat. Otherwise, people aren't really finding your team or games. For an emergent team like MT looking to grow the fanbase and promote the brand, good old fashioned cable tv sports networks are still a good possibly best option to attract new viewers/fans.

I do wish C-USA had some sort of sensical or uniform way for people to conveniently find live broadcasts of the games.

SWiley: "Who doesn't have Facebook?" This BR fan for one but I've been able to watch StadiumFB games through my better half's account. That said, I am a rabid BR BkB fan and will go to the trouble to hook up HDMI cable to TV and laptop. Most casual fans won't do that.

Looking at the TV schedule for the conference games for fans who can't go to Frisco I thought I would bump this thread with whatever info I could glean about the TV availability. Please correct or add info as it becomes available.
Women's first game at 11.30 on Th. is listed as on facebook but I still don't know definitely if that means Stadium FB.
Should we continue the Women's Semi (5:30 on F) will be on Stadium (TV) and the finals (4:30 on Sat.) will be on CBS SN.
Men's first game at 6:00 on Th. is listed as being on Stadium (TV) and if we move on the other games (12.30 F & 7:30 Sat.) will be on CBS SN.

I have checked my mid-state Comcast cable guide and both Stadium (1195) and CBS SN (1303) list C-USA games on the dates and times listed, to my relief!!! I'll be able to watch with my only question being about the Thurs. games when two are being played at the same time. (sure hope it's not a back and forth situation)

My biggest problem with this schedule is the lack of availability of Stadium and CBS SN on many providers. I don't know about either satellite provider or Charter or AT&T uverse but I am acutely aware of the TV offerings to two of my acquaintances, both of whom are MT fans who would watch if all they had to do was turn on the TV and select the channel. Neither Ben Lomand Connect (Sparta, McMinnville, Manchester, etc.) nor United Communications (parts of Marshall, Williamson, Bedford, and Coffee counties) have either Stadium TV or CBS SN available on any TV package they offer.

How much does it hurt the image of MT athletics if we are not seen on commonly available channels to a large portion of the immediate area? Even as close as 30 minutes from campus. You are correct dukewayne, it surely doesn't help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT