ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Stockstill named starter

But it's interesting this is the same guy who was banned how many times just to immediately create a new username?

The banning stopped once my big brother became the publisher of the site (Jonathan Hutton). Hutton has since passed ownership to my little brother (Casey Bowman) so you can rest assured there won't be any banning or creating of new user names any time soon :) This site has been in the family for almost a decade now.

These are only legit valid questions if you honestly believe that the only reason Brent is here is because his dad's the coach. That is absurd.

There's no reason to believe that Brent won't work out. If he doesn't, then Grammar will. And if Grammar doesn't work out, there's Urzua.

If none of them work out, then we're screwed. But again, tell me how that's not like every other college football team?

You don't like Urzua as a prospect. OK. But let's not act like we can't recruit a QB - sake it's been 1 recruiting class since Brent showed up in 2014. And we signed a kid in Urzua who also had a WKU offer and was a top performer in Georgia.

FWIW, our depth chart looks a lot like Florida States, and LSU's, and Tennessee's - when you get down to the 3rd string QB - you're looking at a true freshman.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

You're looking for a QB with a pulse? Well, the guy who won the job is the highest rated QB and most highly recruited QB we've signed probably in 10 years. And he's a sophomore. If he's good, he's going to be here for a while. That's exciting, IMHO. You should be excited, but instead your fretting over the 3rd stringer.

If he flames out, then we have Grammar. Who's pretty good as well. Honestly, I look at our QB situation, and have to believe it's one of the better ones in college football. Our backup is a legit starter.

Be excited all you want but until Stock Jr. does it when it counts I am going to remain skeptical. And highest rated QB? Pretty sure Delle Donne is the only 3 star QB Stock has signed since he's been here and we all know how that worked out.

I'm not going to call Stock Jr. a legit FBS starter until he PROVES that, which he hasn't done yet. There's one QB on our roster who has though, but apparently that doesn't mean $hit these days.

All great points. One thing to remember, teams started squatting on all Grammar's underneath routes mid year and no one, and I mean no one, had any fear of us throwing deep. Now was that due to an injury to the QB, lack of arm strength, or poor play calling..... We shall see but no way our passing game can look like it did in the second part of last year.

The banning stopped once my big brother became the publisher of the site (Jonathan Hutton). Hutton has since passed ownership to my little brother (Casey Bowman) so you can rest assured there won't be any banning or creating of new user names any time soon :) This site has been in the family for almost a decade now.

Well good. Like I said although we've had our differences, I'm glad you're still an avid Blue Raider fan.

I have it on pretty good authority that on the day after Mrs. Stockstill learned her son would be starting, Coach Stock got to the office a little later than usual that morning!

Reactions: C-Bow and Hop45
[QUOTE="
I'm not going to call Stock Jr. a legit FBS starter until he PROVES that, which he hasn't done yet. There's one QB on our roster who has though, but apparently that doesn't mean $hit these days.[/QUOTE]

After last season not sure Grammer is a legit FBS starter either by the way he finished. Not sure if you had money on Grammer and that is why you are so pissed and won't trust the staff's decision. Move on.

Reactions: NUTZ4UMTSU
Be excited all you want but until Stock Jr. does it when it counts I am going to remain skeptical. And highest rated QB? Pretty sure Delle Donne is the only 3 star QB Stock has signed since he's been here and we all know how that worked out.

I'm not going to call Stock Jr. a legit FBS starter until he PROVES that, which he hasn't done yet. There's one QB on our roster who has though, but apparently that doesn't mean $hit these days.

If you have concerns about starting a redshirt freshman who has 1 game under his belt - that's fine. We really don't know how Brent will react when the bullets start flying. I'm optimistic - he certainly has the tools and is one of the better prospects we've signed and had on the roster. Plus, even great QB's have to start somewhere - usually as a freshman.

If you think Grammar was the better option - I can buy that. He certainly has shown flashes. Personally, I can't shake the feeling that he's limited in the downfield passing game. Something that could be a season killer - we won't be able to run the ball if we can shake the safeties from the box.

If you think the lack of an upperclassman 3rd stringer is a huge deal - I disagree, but it could come into play. You don't like Urzua as prospect - ok. I think that's the type of guy that you can afford to take a shot on when you have a couple of young QB's on the roster already. I like Banks a lot. Let's hope he sticks.

But I think you should chill on the nepotism, favoritism, cronyism, conspiracy theories etc that you've been tossing around. There's no evidence of any of it and it's unfair to the team.

I am shocked that Brewer beat out Johnson. He must be a stud. Where is Darius Johnson? What is his injury status? look at the defense. all jr.'s and Sr's. A thing of beauty.

Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT