ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Stockstill takes analyst role at Ole Miss

Think he would have preferred to stay here but apparently wasn’t given the opportunity

Lane is making Ole Miss a top 10-15 program. Glad for Brent. He will climb the ladder there.

Reactions: GMClemson33
He’ll have an hour commute each way from the Boro to North Nashville/Madison.
That’s rough, especially on I-24 in the mornings inbound.

This is probably a good move for him. sWiley will be happy for him too. 😂

Last edited:
Pop Warner would be a better fit. We'll see how they do. If they win 3-4 games, Stock deserved to get the boot and should have 10 years ago for putting this guy on the line at all.

• Haha
Reactions: jbblueraider
Genuinely happy for Brent. Didn't want to see him coach with his dad so he could make his mark elsewhere. Probably the toughest player or one of that I've seen. Hopefully he has the makings of a good HC and can make his way back to MT one day

Genuinely happy for Brent. Didn't want to see him coach with his dad so he could make his mark elsewhere. Probably the toughest player or one of that I've seen. Hopefully he has the makings of a good HC and can make his way back to MT one day
That's my thought. I have zero bad things against him, or even his dad. I just think he should make his mark on his own.

Just like Matt. He never even worked under his dad until after Ole Miss moved on from him. It's why when he is hired as HC someday it should read "MT picks former SEC Head Coach to lead Women's program." He's learned and grown on his own under some great coaches at Kentucky and LaT.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
That's my thought. I have zero bad things against him, or even his dad. I just think he should make his mark on his own.

Just like Matt. He never even worked under his dad until after Ole Miss moved on from him. It's why when he is hired as HC someday it should read "MT picks former SEC Head Coach to lead Women's program." He's learned and grown on his own under some great coaches at Kentucky and LaT.
Not MT related but his Sr year Siegel he played in the Semis against Maryville (at the height of their dynasty) on a torn acl and nearly won. That goes beyond tough, I want my program led by a guy who loves his team that much.

It sucks that however far you go, if your in the same profession as your dad, it's hard to escape that shadow, though I doubt Matt or Brent look at it that way.

I have the same opinion of RS the HC as most people on here, but the Stockstills are A+ people IMO who put their own money back into trying to make the University better

I have the same opinion of RS the HC as most people on here, but the Stockstills are A+ people IMO who put their own money back into trying to make the University better

I believe that's what made it so hard to fire Rick. He was a good person, loved the kids, ran a clean program, and even put his own money up to help build things when he didn't have to. $500,000 towards Build Blue was a real shocker to me. I've never seen a coach give that kind of money back to a University. That is more than one year of his salary after taxes figured in. Crazy. 500k would be nothing for a Nick Saban type....but for Stockstill to donate that much is still a surprise to me.

I wish things would have ended on a better note. Either retirement, getting hired away, mutual parting of ways, etc. Having to straight up fire him and basically run him out of town was an awful ending to his up and down career at MT. It sucks it had to come to that but there was zero chance he was going to walk away. No other choice.

For Brent, I got nothing but respect and love for the guy even though I don't know him. He's given MTSU and Murfreesboro everything he's got for most of his life. I hope he feels like he's gotten back as much as he put in when he reflects back on his time here. I want to see good things happen with him, and would be totally ok with him coming back here one day to be a coordinator or head coach when he is ready.

Stockstill joins the Colts after spending five years coaching at the collegiate level, most recently at Middle Tennessee State as quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator (2022-2023) and wide receivers coach (2021). He also worked at South Florida (2020) and Florida Atlantic (2019) after his collegiate playing career ended. Stockstill played quarterback for Middle Tennessee State and is the Blue Raiders' all-time leader in passing yards (12,495), passing touchdowns (106), 300-yard passing games (19), 400-yard passing games (three), passing yards per game (277.7), attempts (1,610) and completions (1,055).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT