ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL You agree with this regarding Saturday?

I expect the competing suckstills to be blown out by NMSU as suckstill teams typically lose on the road

I say it's about right. We will be competitive as in not blown out. But we will as Stock said on the radio this week, beat ourselves.

I'm calling for blowing a 2nd half lead for the 4th time this season.

I don't see it. NMSU getting -3 is fine since they have 6 W's but they are not better than Liberty and lost to Hawaii and UMASS. JaxSt and Liberty are all better and we were in those games til the end. NMSU has played the worst teams in the conference and the country for that matter. Anyone would look good with that schedule. I think we win this one. Stock lays out when his auto extend is in jeopardy. We've also had 2.5 weeks to get ready for them. I think we win. This is the type of game we end up winning.

Reactions: Predarat
I wouldn’t be upset with Rick not getting an extension but I genuinely believe it won’t be this week. I’d take MT.

Not that it totally relevant but the two teams we beat have a combined record of 5-12 this season.
Murray(2-6) and Tech(3-6)

This team isn't winning this Saturday.

Not that it totally relevant but the two teams we beat have a combined record of 5-12 this season.
Murray(2-6) and Tech(3-6)

This team isn't winning this Saturday.
Who has NMSU beaten and what is their combined record? It's pretty weak. NMSU lost to just about the worst team in FBS. Also, NMSU also barely beat Tech last week themselves.

Teams NMSU has beaten:
0-8 WIU
3-5 UNM
4-5 FIU
0-8 SHSU
3-6 UTEP
3-6 Louisiana Tech

Teams NMSU has lost to:
2-7 UMASS
8-0 Liberty
2-7 Hawaii

Teams MTSU has beaten:
2-6 Murray St
3-6 Louisiana Tech

Teams MTSU has lost to:
7-1 Alabama (#8)
7-1 Missouri (#12)
3-5 Colorado St
4-4 WKU
7-2 Jax St
8-0 Liberty

Teams MTSU has beaten:
2-6 Murray St
3-6 Louisiana Tech

Teams MTSU has lost to:
7-1 Alabama (#8)
7-1 Missouri (#12)
3-5 Colorado St
4-4 WKU
7-2 Jax St
8-0 Liberty
All of the teams we have lost to are much better than the teams they have beaten and the teams they lost to are far worse with the exception of Liberty than the teams we have lost to. We may lose but this team is not a world beater. No way they are better than WKU, Jax st, Bama or Mizzou. No friggin way.

Reactions: Hop45
Also, if we were 6-3 with that schedule, everybody would still be on here bitching about how bad we are becuase we haven't played anyone. Now what, this team is the sh!t because they beat the weakest teams in our conference while losing to UMASS? It don't add up. Just saying.

I will try not to be crass about this as much as I can avoid it. But this game means absolutely nothing. It genuinely does not matter if we win it or lose it.

It genuinely does not matter if we win the rest of them or lose them. If Rick gets his extension out to 2030 he'll still have more years on his contract (almost two decades in) than most coaches outside the SEC and Big Ten. So, if you're worried about that I mean the only thing you should be hoping for is for him to retire on his own, because by 2030 he'll be 72. And does it really make a difference if we have a 71 year or CRS or a 73 year old CRS running this program? Absolutely not. Nothing is going to change unless he retires or someone else comes in and fires him.

Win tomorrow and will it help this program? Absolutely not. It will not make a single bit of difference. Win all four and will it make a difference for this program? Absolutely not. We'll back into a meaningless bowl game having won six games against FCS or 100+ ranked teams. Still no championships, rankings, superb moments, or brand recognition developed for this program.

Lose all four and Rick will still be here next year in spite of only winning one FBS game. The program is already on life support that's being paid for with welfare so it won't matter what happens on Nov 4 or Nov 11 or any of them. Nor will it matter what happens next year, because we already know what's going to happen next year. None of this matters, which is why no one has any bother to care or show up anymore.

100% agree MT01. Sad, but true.

I hope for the players we win. We all hope that. We all want them to go bowling, to have that experience. If we all had our way woth this staff right now the players would win every game and the coaches would lose every game.

We can't have that though. Our only hope is that some sort of staff changes happen if we lose out or even finish with a losing season. But I wouldn't hold hope on that honestly with the zero accountability policy our admin has given Stock. As has been said before, until there is a new pres and/or new AD, he will leave when he wants to.

These players, our alumni, our students, and our fans deserve better.

This thread is the epitome of CUSA football.

These are 2 bad football teams. We have just played a few more teams with a pulse.

It’s 2023 and we are watching a pillow fight that can earn a HC a million dollar contract extension and maybe help their team earn a trip to the Compost Bowl sponsored by Roto-Rooter against a 6-6 Sun Belt team. Losing this game (for either team) is just sad.

This is EXACTLY the excitement we envisioned when we moved to FBS!

The problem I have is that our administration has done nothing until it was too late. The Troy game the other night had a 94% of the stadium full. When was the last time MT had that? Why is the answer never? It’s never because the administration set the program up for a lifetime of mediocrity. I personally am truly losing a ton of interest in anything we do. This is a terrible place to be as a graduate. If the school ran a survey as to why people do not attend games at Floyd it’s pretty simple. Win and they will come. Troy is competing for a conference championship title in the Belt. A conference we were better than. We also think we are better than the MAC. Bottom line is we are barely competitive with FBS teams. If the university continues down this tragic path we will be nothing but a team that takes losses to FBS and new D1 programs. The entire situation baffles me year in and out. I have had it. The fact that we are celebrating a coach and new facilities that are 20’years to late is exhausting.

The problem I have is that our administration has done nothing until it was too late. The Troy game the other night had a 94% of the stadium full. When was the last time MT had that? Why is the answer never? It’s never because the administration set the program up for a lifetime of mediocrity. I personally am truly losing a ton of interest in anything we do. This is a terrible place to be as a graduate. If the school ran a survey as to why people do not attend games at Floyd it’s pretty simple. Win and they will come. Troy is competing for a conference championship title in the Belt. A conference we were better than. We also think we are better than the MAC. Bottom line is we are barely competitive with FBS teams. If the university continues down this tragic path we will be nothing but a team that takes losses to FBS and new D1 programs. The entire situation baffles me year in and out. I have had it. The fact that we are celebrating a coach and new facilities that are 20’years to late is exhausting.
In a lot of casual college football fans' minds, Middle Tennessee has overtaken and replaced UL-Monroe as the epitome of FBS futility and object of derision and laughter.

In a lot of casual college football fans' minds, Middle Tennessee has overtaken and replaced UL-Monroe as the epitome of FBS futility and object of derision and laughter.
All with a tenured CRS. It's not like we've tried anything new to remedy the situation. They're content with the results.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT