ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL BREAKING : Nix and McCorvey out

AustinLewis

Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
Multiple sources (Aldo and FB Scoop) reporting that McCorvey are out. Interesting move to release McCorvey. Felt the WR did good work

Statement was released by the University. Both departures confirmed.

I actually just saw McCorvey yesterday. He gave me no inclination that he was going anywhere. Not sure if he knew or not.

Surprised to see Nix go too, if I'm being honest. That buyout won't be cheap.

The thing about McCorvey - we have 17 wide receivers listed on the roster. That's not an exaggeration - 17 of them.

Yet, we have to move Tucker and Des Anderson to WR, and none of those horde of WRs can beat out a walk on (Smith) or a grad transfer (Andrews).

For every Ty Lee or Richie James, there's 5 guys who are on 'ship doing nothing at the WR position.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Some changes needed to be made, but I certainly don't celebrate decent folk losing their job. Particularly in the paid sports world, it is a part of the life though. I hope he can find a good place to land soon.

I'm kind of surprised that a DL coach was not included with this list.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
The thing about McCorvey - we have 17 wide receivers listed on the roster. That's not an exaggeration - 17 of them.

Yet, we have to move Tucker and Des Anderson to WR, and none of those horde of WRs can beat out a walk on (Smith) or a grad transfer (Andrews).

For every Ty Lee or Richie James, there's 5 guys who are on 'ship doing nothing at the WR position.
If so, then this on the HC. He ultimately decides which side of the ball to place personnel

I wasn't looking for the WR coach to be fired. Upon seeing the report of his firing, it did sort of make sense. The reason it didn't surprise me is for the same reasons listed above. It seems the WRs who performed arrived on campus as those performers. For all the WRs on the roster, it seemed no one else really developed to step up, improve, and help out.

Perhaps the reason the WR coach escaped attention this season was regarding the number injuries being a key factor. I do recall some athletic looking WRs getting a shot or two during this season to which they did not capitalize.

Wasn't McCorvey only here a year? That's not enough time to truly evaluate whether someone is developing WR's. His firing has to be something else, probably a relationship/working environment problem, perhaps with TF.

With regards to Nix, good riddance. The guy was straight delusional with regards to his defense and its performance. No sympathy on my end after the comments he has made.

I really do believe Stock didn't have the intention to fire him until he met with Massaro and they discussed it and Massaro probably heavily pushed for it (and possibly down right demanded it).

Massaro is fairly active on social media as we all know. I know without a doubt he heard the cries. You could tell when you would see him at games. I watched him pacing at Charlotte. It was very evident the wheels were just a spinning up there. He had a heavy weight on him. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right that Massaro essentially made the decision for Stock.

Now let's just hope we get someone aggressive and sound in the fundamentals.

"aggressive and sound in the fundamentals." That would be nice. Add a great recruiter to those characteristics and that would likely be one heck of a coach.

Massaro is fairly active on social media as we all know. I know without a doubt he heard the cries. You could tell when you would see him at games. I watched him pacing at Charlotte. It was very evident the wheels were just a spinning up there. He had a heavy weight on him. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right that Massaro essentially made the decision for Stock.

Now let's just hope we get someone aggressive and sound in the fundamentals.

Massaro has laid off the Tweeters for nearly 5 days now since the loss in Honolulu. I'm thinking the beach tweet didn't play well after the Saturday performance. The plane ride back with McPhee and Stock was prolly a bit tense.

I am completely shocked at McCorvey. I don't get it. One year with all the injuries we had. I thought he did great. On the other hand maybe he struggled with picking up Franklins offense? I don't know. We will see. Nix cannot contain Western Kentucky. We need someone that can figure that rubix cube out.

I am completely shocked at McCorvey. I don't get it. One year with all the injuries we had. I thought he did great. On the other hand maybe he struggled with picking up Franklins offense? I don't know. We will see. Nix cannot contain Western Kentucky. We need someone that can figure that rubix cube out.
Franklin's offense is remarkably simple. If you can't pick it up, you don't need to be in coaching...or football. I don't think that was it.

Quite frankly, I'm a little shocked at McCorvey being let go. Thought he did a good job in his one year on the job (certainly room for improvement, as with any coach).

Not unexpected. Still not desired result.

If the next D coach can help win a conference championship, great. If not, more of the same.

Looking forward to UAB basketball game.

GO HUSKERS!

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Sports mirrors life.

There are certainly exceptions among us, RARE exceptions, but for the most part, we do love love LOVE.... to see people fail.

Here's to you, Don Henley! "Kick 'em when they're up! Kick 'em when they're down! Kick 'em when they're UP! Kick 'em when they're down!"

The pack of wolves is happy...for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT