ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Big 12 expansion now alive, well and likely after being presumed dead

Didn't Memphis have another issue in a ball game against auburn in the ham also. So two issue's in back to back years
Game ball thief, Reggis Ball. He eventually returned it to Auburn so he would be allowed to participate in Pro-day on campus after being kicked out of the program by the AD.

Glossing over the assault of an equipment manager. Dude should have been charged. Players getting into fights is one thing but to assault a ball boy on the sideline to commit theft is another. I love how Pimphis claimed to kick him off but still let him go to Proday. Strong ethics over there.

Glossing over the assault of an equipment manager. Dude should have been charged. Players getting into fights is one thing but to assault a ball boy on the sideline to commit theft is another. I love how Pimphis claimed to kick him off but still let him go to Proday. Strong ethics over there.
LOL. How you been?

It's basically what I've said. Adding 4 G5's would kill it. 2 teams make more sense if they expand. Less weight and less money issues. It would be the happy medium between the 2. I've never heard of 2 major networks threatening to not bid if a conference grows. Wow. Adding BYU and Houston would be the compromise because you'd get extra views. Texas having their own network was the stupidest thing the big 12 ever allowed because it's killing them now. So stupid that one team has it's own entire network but not a P5 conference. SMH.

Wow! That is indeed big news. Pretty much confirms the type of discussion I heard on ESPN last week that included FInebaum. Apparently, I've been fairly accurate in detecting the presence of substantial greed. What I apparently have underestimated is their desperate nature for survival combined with their voracious greed impairing their judgement and decision making as a group.

There is little that is more disgusting and repulsive than human beings racing into a feeding frenzy of greed. All restraints of decency are cast off. Usually unaware to those lost in the euphoria of the love of money in which they are desperately trying to grab more than they can imagine is their utter loss of their own dignity. This does not even delve into moral concerns and who may be hurt.

Apparently, Fox and ESPN don't want to provide the immense sums of money that the Big 12 wants to try to open up to a feeding frenzy.

Wow! That is indeed big news. Pretty much confirms the type of discussion I heard on ESPN last week that included FInebaum. Apparently, I've been fairly accurate in detecting the presence of substantial greed. What I apparently have underestimated is their desperate nature for survival combined with their voracious greed impairing their judgement and decision making as a group.

There is little that is more disgusting and repulsive than human beings racing into a feeding frenzy of greed. All restraints of decency are cast off. Usually unaware to those lost in the euphoria of the love of money in which they are desperately trying to grab more than they can imagine is their utter loss of their own dignity. This does not even delve into moral concerns and who may be hurt.

Apparently, Fox and ESPN don't want to provide the immense sums of money that the Big 12 wants to try to open up to a feeding frenzy.
Yep.

Downright shameful.

I'm glad Chris and Dr. McPhee will take the high road.

Just as an FYI article

From the article: "As it stands today, Cincinnati is likely the easy 11th member while the debate over the 12th member will center around UCONN and Houston. My source believed, despite reservations, that Houston would win out. Also: "I wouldn't be surprised to see UCONN find a home in a power 5 conference before the Big 12's process is concluded."

The more I read, the more I think the B12 will add, at the most, two teams. It seems like that will be Cincy and Houston at this point.

315 has been calling me out on the other board. I called his bluff. I'll post it here too for fun...

"So 315, what's up? You taking my bet? You devoted a thread to me calling me out. I put this out there already and heard crickets.

21 days. $150.00 minimum. Let's do it. You can talk it but can you walk it? Murder City has got 21 days to get their dream invite. To be clear, I'm betting they don't. If I win, I want to meet you at the sporting goods store and watch you buy a finder for me and hand it to me personally. You can wear your Memphis gear while doing it. That's cool. Let's go.

Personally, I hope you take that "double down" $650.00 bet. I want another yak and a fish finder. That's 21 days, MT and Murder City flips. Again, to be clear, I'm betting both don't. If they don't, I'm paddling my new yak on Stones River 1 week before the A&M game.

By the way, we're pretty civil here comparison to anywhere else. Go try this crap on a UT or BAMA board and see what you get.

I'll run a side bet. I'll bet a game ticket that 315 doesn't take this bet. I want to goad this dude into taking this thing. I may raise the stakes too. My wife will be pissed but I'll lay it down."

Nah dude, you've called me out on this board and the other one repeatedly for weeks. This ends now. I'm about to raise the stakes. I'll lay it down. Either put up or shut up. It's that simple.

Yes or no?

Dang it, I wanted a free Hummingbird, Lowrance or Garmin fish finder for my 14' kayak. Oh well. We know who's real and who ain't. Just a bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing.

This is the first I have seen someone say that MT is in contact with the AAC. Seems like descent news! I do think we should be in the top 5-6 if we continue to have the success we have had recently.

We should be their top pick if they lose Memphis or even Cincy. Marshall might make more sense for Cincy replacement but I think we have a better program and we are doing big things re: expansions, additions, improvements. Plus our teams are pretty much universally better than Marshall's.

We should be their top pick if they lose Memphis or even Cincy. Marshall might make more sense for Cincy replacement but I think we have a better program and we are doing big things re: expansions, additions, improvements. Plus our teams are pretty much universally better than Marshall's.
Marshall's a one trick pony (football)

The fact we were passed over by CUSA for ODU and Charlotte AND FIU before getting around to MT gives me pause to think differently.

Reactions: Hop45
The fact we were passed over by CUSA for ODU and Charlotte AND FIU before getting around to MT gives me pause to think differently.
Good point. IF Memphis was to FedEx their program to the Big12, it would improve MT's chances of jumping to the AAC but it would hardly be a definite decision.

In the last round of realignment, CUSA focused on television markets instead of quality of play (ODU, Charlotte, FIU, and FAU jumped before MT & WKU). As it turns out, television viewers, regardless of market size, have no desire to watch mediocre football for 3 hours. This came back to bite CUSA in the recent round of television negotiations.

Though, MT's decision to lay an egg around the time CUSA was on the market for new programs certainly didn't help MT's cause

I don't mean to come off as pessimistic about all this, but as long as the University of Memphis is located in the city of Memphis, they won't be going to the Big 12, which means no AAC for us. I'm OK with that though; I'll enjoy our games in whatever conference we're in.

I don't mean to come off as pessimistic about all this, but as long as the University of Memphis is located in the city of Memphis, they won't be going to the Big 12, which means no AAC for us. I'm OK with that though; I'll enjoy our games in whatever conference we're in.

I wouldn't be so sure. Realignment is often surprising.

Yep, just saw on ESPN news crawl that Memphis is out regarding XII.

What at first looked to be a greedy blind money grab is starting to settle down a little. I imagine concern of lawsuits from the networks was a factor. The other, Texas and OU walking possibly the other factor. Just guessing here, but it looks like 2 instead of 4 might be the direction of their expansion.

ADVERTISEMENT