Noogaraider1

True Blue
Jun 3, 2018
For what its worth...

Middle Tenn: 5-3
Memphis: 4-4
Vanderbilt:4-5
Univ of Tennessee: 3-5

Highlights how abysmal the State is in football right now, but we may be the only team bowling from Tennessee this year

Well Arkansas is bad. I watched that game and Craddock dialed up some goofy plays on that day. Vandy barely beat them so there's that. I don't see them getting another win though. Mizzou, Ole Miss, UT are all better teams than VU. UT had SC and VU got crushed by SC.

Vandy can beat UT
Can and doing this year are 2 separate things. UT is much more fundamentally sound this year. This will be the last year VU will even be in the same mentioning as UT. Pruitt will take them to the level of UGA within 2 years. As much as I dislike UT, Pruitt is the right hire for them.

If VU doesn't beat Mizzou or Ole Miss, it's a moot point anyway.

UTK is not going to be anywhere near Georgia's level in 2 years. Vols fans are living in the past. They will never return to their former glory days.

They will get better under Pruitt, simply because it's hard not to be better than Butch Jones (I poo poo'd that hire from day 1 and people questioned me....understand now?)

Pruitt is a solid coach but is not elite. They'll get some good players in there but I just don't see them consistently competing with the top dogs in the league.

We shall see. He has the tutelage of Saban as does Kirby. Pruitt has had to lay a whole new foundation. Once he gets his OL and DL established, UT will be a very tough team again. He's going about it the way Fulmer once did in his earlier years. Fundamentals.

I don’t doubt he will have some good teams here and there, but this isn’t your grandfathers SEC. the SEC has become insanely competitive and I just don’t see UTK consistently winning in the league any time soon. That’s a very hard thing to do that only a small number of head coaches have been able to do in modern day football.

Will that “best record” translate to a more than half full stadium on Friday?

That is sad.. since we are flying in from Dallas & we have 2 other couples flying in from Tampa and Cleveland..
Yet we have thousands within a ten mile radius of Floyd using every excuse in the world to not come.
Thanks for coming and supporting MT.

Even when we had better support when the temp drops under 50 degrees, attendance would drop off rather precipitously, projected game time temp is 47 degrees dropping to 42 around 11pm.

Walmart has hand warmers for 79 cents a piece.

But honestly, not to single this game out but attendance issues need to be addressed.

Elon Musk style disruption if you ask me. I really think there is a an answer for G5 teams to have good crowds. People are always looking for things to do but you have to make the event valuable for their time.

Last edited:
Classes were cancelled. Young alumni tailgate for $10 that includes BBQ, Beer, and Wine. Buy one get one tickets for $9 total. Free tickets for those who bought bowl tickets last year. The university and athletic department has done literally everything they can do for this game.

Classes were cancelled. Young alumni tailgate for $10 that includes BBQ, Beer, and Wine. Buy one get one tickets for $9 total. Free tickets for those who bought bowl tickets last year. The university and athletic department has done literally everything they can do for this game.

They have, but, and it's probably an issue of funding, I haven't seen this advertised to the community. There needs to be a billboard around town, radio, and tv spots. I know way to many people that'd love the static military displays and other events, but didn't know about it.

While I'd love for us to address attendance, I am not sure what could be done to change it. The only thing really is for the team to win enough to create a buzz...not sure that will ever happen with were we are.

I have asked at least 20 folks to come with the extra 4 tix...I have one taker. An MT FB game simple isn't an event for the average person in the Boro. I wish it was.

I will be there, my wife will be there. My daughter who goes to MT will be there with her boyfriend who goes to MT.

That’s the thing. Advertising is tough nowadays.

Sure you can post it on Facebook and Twitter. But not all see that. Do you spend the money in print? TV? Same thing. Not all see it. Billboard, where would get the most bang in the ‘Boro? Who knows.

I still think they should have a class for the marketing students that is nothing but coming up with new ways to market athletics.

While I'd love for us to address attendance, I am not sure what could be done to change it. The only thing really is for the team to win enough to create a buzz...not sure that will ever happen with were we are.

I have asked at least 20 folks to come with the extra 4 tix...I have one taker. An MT FB game simple isn't an event for the average person in the Boro. I wish it was.

I will be there, my wife will be there. My daughter who goes to MT will be there with her boyfriend who goes to MT.

I agree. Not sure we could consistently boost attendance other than winning big with upsets of P5 schools to generate a buzz.

I have always thought, since we don’t really care about TV and we are willing to have Friday night games, why not have a weekday noon game? Literally bus Rutherford Co school kids to the game. Have an open house for academics (end classes at noon that day), make a big band pre-game, etc. Do it early in the year. We got 45,000 students in the county, give tickets until we fill every seat. Maybe they have so much fun they come back for future games.

It's going to be in the low 50's for the game. Many people who care about watching the Raiders in person are discouraged by the temperature. It's certainly going to be difficult to get people to the game who don't really care.

There are a million gimmicks to get people to games (free booze, free food, etc.) but the only thing that will get new folks interested in the team is winning a lot of games - a top 25 ranking.

why not have a weekday noon game? Literally bus Rutherford Co school kids to the game. Have an open house for academics (end classes at noon that day), make a big band pre-game, etc. Do it early in the year. We got 45,000 students in the county, give tickets until we fill every seat. Maybe they have so much fun they come back for future games.
Yeah, like they do for Lady Raider basketball. I would love to see it done for football too. Heck, give football tickets to school kids in surrounding counties

didn't they give high schools tickets before? Do they still do the band day? You could do 2 counties a week and if half show up, then it's a win. at least they will buy some concessions.

I maintain that they should allow Rutherford county schools kids free admission to all games. Then that baits in mom and/or dad. Might as well fill the place some and convert the kids to Blue Raider fans. We aren't converting the adults who are set in their ways, so might as well go after the kids.

All this does is give the students a head start to homecoming in Knoxville.

I maintain that they should allow Rutherford county schools kids free admission to all games. Then that baits in mom and/or dad. Might as well fill the place some and convert the kids to Blue Raider fans. We aren't converting the adults who are set in their ways, so might as well go after the kids.
That is what did it for me. I was a North Carolina fan and then my Dad took me to a MTSU game at 14. I cheered for both teams for a while and then I attended MTSU after the navy. From then on I have been all MTSU. The seed was planted and it grew. There was a connection from my childhood that was sealed after attending.

It's going to be in the low 50's for the game. Many people who care about watching the Raiders in person are discouraged by the temperature. It's certainly going to be difficult to get people to the game who don't really care.

There are a million gimmicks to get people to games (free booze, free food, etc.) but the only thing that will get new folks interested in the team is winning a lot of games - a top 25 ranking.
I don't even think that would do it to be honest.

I have always thought, since we don’t really care about TV and we are willing to have Friday night games, why not have a weekday noon game? Literally bus Rutherford Co school kids to the game. Have an open house for academics (end classes at noon that day), make a big band pre-game, etc. Do it early in the year. We got 45,000 students in the county, give tickets until we fill every seat. Maybe they have so much fun they come back for future games.[/QUOTE]

I'd be livid at this. We already only get five home games and one is usually while I'm traveling for Thanksgiving. Give me a mid day game with no tailgate and only three traditional home games and there's literally no value at all to my season tickets. Given the amount of free ones I can pick up now, I already question why I buy them every year. That would do it in. All that being said... love the creative thinking! lol

It actually was a good idea. They were trying something and OutKast was relevant then. I think BB got big a couple years ago....

I really like how this message board has to come up with the ideas for increased attendance. Pretty sad the AD doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Attendance conversation....blah, blah, blah,

Just win (early) baby! It needs to be more that 6 games in the latter half of the season to turn heads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT