ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Basketball- Where We Stand

Brew_Raider

True Blue
Oct 31, 2015
  1. Won CUSA east.
  2. Currently #2 overall in CUSA (1 game up on UAB)
  3. NCAA NET: 98
  4. RPI: 52 & 53
Path forward: For the first time, we are showing up in NIT projections as 7 seeds. Unfortunately, as 1 bid conference championship lose in there conference tournaments, they usually take NIT 7 & 8 seed spots. So realistic paths forward:
  1. Win CUSA tourney and NCAA bound (obviously)
  2. Win out to CUSA finals and lose: likely safe for NIT bid.
  3. Win out to CUSA semifinals and lose to UAB, probably in NIT depending on how many 1-bid conf. champs lose in their tourneys. May end up in CBI or CIT tournament.
  4. Lose to Charlotte/ODU and make CUSA finals. Low chance to get into NIT, likely C tournament bound.
  5. Lose 2 games and not make CUSA finals, almost no chance at NIT, heading to a C tournament.
  6. Lose more than 2 games, C tournament bound.

Basically, win 4 games and we are going to the NCAA or NIT. Lose 2 games and we are likely looking at a C tournament. And please don’t add take it one game at a time - we are fans, not coaches or players. Fan projections have absolutely no influence on how the teams prep. I am just truly amazed we are in this position given how dreadful CNM’s first 3 years were.

We obviously want NCAA. Won't fuss at NIT. To me, there isn't anything else. But that is just me being high and mighty. 😁

I will admit there is a part of me that would be ok losing one of these last two. Get it out of our system, get pissed, and go on a run.

We obviously want NCAA. Won't fuss at NIT. To me, there isn't anything else. But that is just me being high and mighty. 😁

I will admit there is a part of me that would be ok losing one of these last two. Get it out of our system, get pissed, and go on a run.
Agree a billion percent. I am a big believer in the idea that the longer your win streak is, the more overdue for a loss you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT