ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Baseball Success?

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
How would you define this season? What would it take to have you say it was successful?

For me it already has been a success. Finishing over 500 is a step in the right direction. I’d like to see more but I’m happy with where we’ve come.

To me, it's already been a success.

Series wins against Auburn and LA Tech were some of the bigger highlights for me.

Losing 4 in a row is a tough place to be in, going into the Conference tournament. Early morning game on Wednesday against ODU.

Reactions: ewglenn
Havnt been following too closely, but if this is a young team that returns it’s best players next year, then this season has been great and a success.

if next year is more of a rebuilding / retooling season where we have to replace best players then they need to do more this year.

How would you define this season? What would it take to have you say it was successful?

For me it already has been a success. Finishing over 500 is a step in the right direction. I’d like to see more but I’m happy with where we’ve come.
Depends on your definition of success.

Glass half empty: it’s not a success season unless you win 30+ games in the regular season and make the NCAA. Our conference can routinely get 2-5 teams in, so no excuse not to be in that mix.

Glass half full: Best season since 2015. Toman has been here 3 full seasons and is plus 5/6 wins each year. Hitting dramatically improved from last year. We were in the at large mix going into the last week of the season.

If we can avoid a slow start start and keep improving, it’s hard not to be optimistic. Next year will really be the story teller on Toman at MT.

Reactions: ewglenn
We have a commitment of a junior catcher from Hendersonville. Good player. They are still playing in state playoffs. Hendersonville Commandos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT