ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic Department Messaging

rcodeman

True Blue
Feb 4, 2005
I think what M&M don't see is the fact that they sat on all the success and upward trajectory of 10 years ago and said that's good enough. Instead of building off of that, they didn't do anything. Now they slap together all of these things, that MT has been promised for YEARS AND YEARS to try and appease what's left of the money. That's what's lost in all of this. I think its funny that this is what gets a reaction from people and this is the last straw, when most people who pay attention realize that whatever is the best direction for the program, they will do the opposite or do something half-way.

To me its not what you are going to do, because that's easy to say. It's the fact you did nothing for so long.

That's why they are behind and that's why they are getting left in the dust. I'll say it again. You never hired anyone who had experience building a brand, and now you're stuck.

That being said I think its great they get the influx of cash, but how can you trust these people to spend it right since they've done nothing with any of the success the last 10+ years.

That being said I think its great they get the influx of cash, but how can you trust these people to spend it right since they've done nothing with any of the success the last 10+ years.
You can't. That's been my reason for choosing the MAC every time someone mentioned the cash. I don't trust them to spend it wisely (or spend it at all), so leaving the CUSA money on the table never factored into my leave or stay equation. The effect of money that isn't invested in the program is the same as having no money at all.

But here's the deal - we know they're getting the money. So if it's not spent in a way that the fans can see for tangible program improvements (actual breaking ground of facilities, buying out coaches, etc), then this whole thing is a scam.

That's my feeling.

We stayed for the money, now put it where your mouth is.

Speaking of which, new hire for the BRAA looks impressive. Here's to hoping it works out.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
This is another reason why staying helps everyone understand that calculus. We have a lot of evidence of either incompetence, poor decision-making, or perhaps even sabotage (according to a few). But it’s always been circumstantial evidences of what the issues are. We just see things aren’t moving in the right direction. Hell, that’s been clear for everyone to see even the most blue blinded faithful.

So there can be me no mistaking what happens from this moment forward. If nothing happens everyone can firmly and confidently make a personal choice whether to turn in the fan card or whether to buy back in, because there is no sweeping this under the rug as the people at MTxx like to do. Had we gone to the MAC nothing would have happened as we would be in even worse financial shape. It would have been status quo and the administration would have patted itself on the back for appearing “attractive” again for another conference.

It’s time. It’s now or never.

I'm to the point now where I pretty much no longer give a crap. They've had 8 years to do something in this conference and not a thing has improved. In fact, it's been downhill. Now we are supposed to be excited by them doing nothing but the same old thing? Good luck to them. I would love to make 300k for doing nothing with no expectations of a positive result bul I'm a small business owner with 2 businesses. I don't get that luxury. I'm accountabble every day or I don't succeed. I'll still be a fan but I'm over the "where are we going as a program?" part. We know where it's going. Nowhere. I'll root for 6-6 and remove any pressure to expect more. You can't get blood out of stone or fix stupid.

Reactions: cfly1980
Interesting article on ULM staying in the SBC. No matter the opinion, one thing caught my eye...

"The design of this conference, one of the reasons it works," ULM athletic Scott McDonald said, "is we can take money that other conferences, their members, are having to put into travel and that’s money we can invest into programs."

I really hope we don't have to waste some of our new money on travel to our new crazy far conference mates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT