ADVERTISEMENT

ASN High Def?

MTBlueMan

Blue Raider Fan
Sep 15, 2012
So, if I remember correctly, I could watch ASN games over the air in high def last year. Games this year have only been broadcasts on their OTA channel (58.2) in standard def. Does anyone know if ASN broadcasts an HD signal on another channel?

So, if I remember correctly, I could watch ASN games over the air in high def last year. Games this year have only been broadcasts on their OTA channel (58.2) in standard def. Does anyone know if ASN broadcasts an HD signal on another channel?
I would use ESPN 3 if you have a streaming device. It comes in HD. I got rid of cable and use sling tv to watch football. ESPN 3 is part of it.

MyTV 30 Nashville is HD and they should be broadcasting the game tonight. The 58.2 SD ota and on comcast cable 228 is pretty much 24/7 sports ASN as a type of sub-channel. They usually have several regional games from which to choose. When MTSU is playing, they almost always broadcast the game over on the main channel MyTV 30 HD, as should be the case tonight vs LaTech.

I would use ESPN 3 if you have a streaming device. It comes in HD. I got rid of cable and use sling tv to watch football. ESPN 3 is part of it.

I never ever thought I would be espousing Comcast, but I sort of am, sort of. I have been looking to cut the cord myself for sometime, but getting most sports channels seem to make it most difficult. It does seem ESPN3 is a pretty solid offering by ESPN for their digital content. I still like to be able to choose games on FoxSports1, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports channel, and the regional FOX Sports Networks. Since I have a pretty fast internet speed, I think, Comcast is giving me a higher tier cable tv package for about $25/mo. It about renders it pointless to try to cut the cord and go to something like SlingTV. Of course, you need a good broadband service to cut the cable tv cord anyways.

Since I've been on Comcast, about 6-8 mos, I have not had any problems with the service. I suspect they are trying to straighten up their act a little since AT&T U-Verse along with Google Fiber trying to push competitively into the area. Without the competition, I suspect Comcast would be pushing garbage on consumers like they have for many a year.

Thanks for the replies. I live in Clarksville and for some reason do not get an ota signal for channel 30. Just watched the game in standard def on 58.2 like the cavemen used to do.

". . . programming that insults me and my way of life."

Something we can all agree on but we would probably not agree on just which programming we find offensive. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the arrival of A la carte cable, satellite, and streaming programming.

That way I can be sure I'm not funding one minute of something I despise, and there's a lot of it on even basic plans.

Reactions: lotsofbull99
I generally get the not wanting to fund those things that insult. I'm certainly not on the side of speaking up for or defending cable & tv networks. I'm a fairly vocal critic of more than a few. There are quite a few channels blocked on my guide. My comments were simply along the lines of cutting the cord vs cable as it relates to costs and trying to get certain channels a la carte.

In today's age it's really not that not much of a reasonable expectation to be able to deny funds to certain groups, orgs, or corps due to insult or offense when the same multinational corps own in some form or another businesses and services that touch on so many various areas of life and society. One would almost have to go completely off the grid to really be able to keep one's funds from getting to these same massive multinational corps pumping out the garbage. In reality and practically, I think most of us tune out, block, or avoid directly funding, supporting, or using in general those things that clash with our sensibilities and/or values. Short of going off the grid, I'm not sure that one can really keep their money out of corp xyz hands at least indirectly and on a consistent basis.

Speaking of things we despise, can somebody PLEASE do something about the music that's played before and during the games. That was the worst crap I've heard since...well, one of last year's games.

Must be to appeal to the players, recruits and students. Worse than terrible to my wife and to me. Grates on my last nerve. A huge reason not to get to the games early.

Must be to appeal to the players, recruits and students. Worse than terrible to my wife and to me. Grates on my last nerve. A huge reason not to get to the games early.

I despise that they don't know when to stop with that garbage. Ref blows whistle they are supposed to stop but instead they hit the button or whatever to play something else while our team is on offense and trying to snap the damn ball. I thought they would improve after the first game of the season, but I swear they got worse. I should screaming and cheering my team on instead of turning around shouting STFU at the PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT