ADVERTISEMENT

Appears "going big" wasn't such a good idea

Haven't seen anything official yet but heard that her teammate Tiffany Lewis, another RHS alum, is also leaving Clemson.

After the butt-kickin we put on Clemson this year they found out pretty quickly going "big" does not mean going "better". I would love to get one or both of them here though.

Only time I've seen either of the young ladies is against us this year. Do you really thing either could help the LRs?

Davenport...

Played in 29 of 30 games, starting 20 2nd on the team in scoring (8.6 ppg), minutes per game (28.0), three-point field goals made (43) and attempted (143), and charges taken (18) 3rd in steals (37) free throw attempts made (38) and attempted (46) Scored in double-figures 14 times, including in seven of the last eight games Hit 9 of final 15 three-point attempts, finishing with a .301 3FG% for the season Set Clemson freshman record with 143 three-point attempts Scored career-high 19 points at Boston College

Lewis...

Appeared in 29 games, starting 17 Averaged 8.4 points per game and 2.1 rebounds per game in 810 minutes of action Set sophomore record for most three point attempts (183) Led team in three-pointers made (50) Attempted 14 three-pointers vs. Boston College, third most attempts in a game in school history Attempted 13 three pointers vs. Virginia, tied for fourth most attempts in a game in school history Tied for third in school history in three-pointers made in a single game, made six three-pointers vs. Boston College on 2/5/15 Made 39-49 free throws (.796)

Looks like Davenport has a similar 3 point FG% to most of our girls. .001% better than Olivia.

And against allegedly better competition and with, from what I saw in The Murph, not as good a supporting cast.

excerpt:

Shelbie Davenport relished the opportunity to play in what she considers the toughest women's college basketball conference this past season.

However, the opportunity to be closer to her family mattered more.

Davenport is one of three former Rutherford County girls basketball standouts who have transferred in recent days from their respective college teams.

Davenport, a former Riverdale standout, is leaving Clemson along with former high school teammate Tiffany Lewis. And former Oakland High standout point guard Emily Eubank is leaving Lipscomb University.

Davenport, a 6-foot guard, played in 29 of 30 games this past season as a freshman and started 20 games for the Tigers, which finished 9-21 for the season and 1-15 in ACC play. She was second on the team in scoring (8.6 points), minutes (28.0), 3-point goals made (43) and was third on the team in steals (37).

"I kind of want to get closer to home. That's really important to me."

Her next college could also include playing with Eubank, who is one of her closest friends.

"Of course Emily and I have talked about it," Davenport said. "It's our chance to play together. I would love to play with her. She's my best friend.

Eubank started all 29 games at Lipscomb this past season. She averaged 4.2 assists a game, which was tied for tops in the Atlantic Sun. She was also named to the A-Sun All-Freshman team after averaging 29.7 minutes and 4.5 points.

She shot 32 percent from the 3-point line.

Lewis, a 5-8 guard, started 17 of the 29 games she played in. She averaged 8.4 points and led the team with 50 made 3-pointers.

Lewis was named to the ACC All-Academic team earlier this month.

Three former prep hoops standouts to transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT