ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL And folks still wonder why....

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Email received a few minutes ago.

When was the Michigan game moved to August 1st?? LMAO!!!

Don't miss your chance to see the Blue Raiders travel to the Big House
Middle Tennessee State football will travel north the play the University of Michigan on August 1st and fans only have two weeks remaining to secure their tickets.

All away game tickets for the Michigan game must be purchased no later than the deadline of May 31. After this date, MTSU will no longer have tickets available.

All seats are $70 and can be purchased online at GoBlueRaiders.com or in person at the Blue Raider ticket office, located at Gate 1A of Floyd Stadium, Monday-Friday.

All ages attending the game are required to have their own ticket for entry. If you have questions, please email us at tickets@mtsu.edu or call 615-898-5744 Monday-Fridayduring office hours.

We look forward to seeing many proud Blue Raider football fans in Ann Arbor, Michigan on August 1st. GO BLUE RAIDERS!
Blue Raider football at Michigan - reserve your tickets today!

GoBlueRaiders.com | Tickets | Shop

This email was sent by: Middle Tennessee State University
1500 Greenland Drive Box 117, Murfreesboro, TN, 37132 USA
open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx

Reactions: Predarat
Yea typos and mistakes should never happen. I know I am perfect. Why can’t they be.

Yea and things get missed on proofreading all the time. Almost every book I read I find things. There are a lot of things to complain about. When you complain about literally everything you lose credibility.
When you publish incorrect dates for special events you lose credibility. This is not the first time. Think a second, missed after proofreading. They need new proof readers. Your an institution of higher learning for crying out loud.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
When you publish incorrect dates for special events you lose credibility. This is not the first time. Think a second, missed after proofreading. They need new proof readers. Your an institution of higher learning for crying out loud.
The worst one was the first presentation to CUSA seeking admission into the conference. There was a section in there that listed a city other than Huntington, WV for where Marshall is located.

Thank you. First game of the 2019 season vs. a huge OOC opponent. This wasn’t the usual BRAA function announcement. What if someone didn’t bother to read the corrected email thinking it was a duplication (which has also happened before)? Then made non-refundable discount flight and hotel arrangements?

Some of you would rationalize anything. But then again, we get what we get.

Yea and things get missed on proofreading all the time. Almost every book I read I find things. There are a lot of things to complain about. When you complain about literally everything you lose credibility.

*You’re :)

Sorry I couldn’t resist..

Why is there a promotion for this away game and not for TSU or Duke, our first 2 home games? Sheesh.

Reactions: mtfblue
Why is there a promotion for this away game and not for TSU or Duke, our first 2 home games? Sheesh.

First of all - Terrible to get the date wrong in the email. There is no excuse for that kind of mistake. But I think complaining about this promotion in general is a bit of a stretch in trying to find something to harp on. We have a lot of fans interested in making the trip to The Big House and they need to know the deadline to get MT section tickets is coming soon. We've still got plenty of time to promote season tickets and individual game tickets for our home games.

Reactions: C-Bow
And despite a likely @$$ beating, we need to go up there with an App St.-like mentality thinking upset. Seems pretty unlikely though considering how poorly we always play in the beginning of the season under Stockstill

Promoting an a$$ whooping body bag game but not the first 2 home games with an old foe and a P5 game at JRF. It's not complaining. It's dumb marketing that supports bad attendance.

Promoting an a$$ whooping body bag game but not the first 2 home games with an old foe and a P5 game at JRF. It's not complaining. It's dumb marketing that supports bad attendance.
Original post in this thread was not complaining about the marketing. It was complaining about a typo. They should promote all games.

Is kind of funny you made such a big deal about a typo but then proceeded to do it yourself...then got defensive about it.
You’re right. Nothing is a big deal to this Athletic Dept. Be it scheduling, marketing, Football conference titles, actually winning bowl games, setting high expectations of the Head Coach etc., etc., etc.

That Michigan game email was probably drafted by a future AD who is an unpaid (or underpaid) GA in a Masters of Sports Mgmnt degree track. The kid probably had a paper due or final exams to worry about.

Reactions: MTTim and MTOleBlue
Original post in this thread was not complaining about the marketing. It was complaining about a typo. They should promote all games.

They should. But they're not. They are promoting this game over the first 2 opportunities to get attendance to our games. Hence, the stupid marketing move. 8,000 per game. Go Blue!

Personally I’d rather sit through a Rutgers vs whoever game than watch the destruction by Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT