ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Anchor Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized this A.M. when noticing this thread that we haven't heard from "coffee" who frequented the Zone or his alter-ego (possibly clone - forgot the name) who appeared on this site when MT played The Dores in FB & BkB last season. Guess his mother either cut off his computer or he has been committed to an institution.

Regardless, it's hard to pull for VU in anything, especially BB when a MT fan knows that VU's rise to "national" levels coincided with MT's loss of "regional" success. Mewborne was a genuinely good guy and after talking to him extensively about what VU did for Corbin that had been requested earlier along with them finding many "creative" ways to use academic and minority-inclusion scholarships to expand upon the 11.7 NCAA limit (along with the almost never mentioned academic exceptions obviously granted for athletes) it's no doubt that some portion of the success at VU has come at the expense of MT.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Just realized this A.M. when noticing this thread that we haven't heard from "coffee" who frequented the Zone or his alter-ego (possibly clone - forgot the name) who appeared on this site when MT played The Dores in FB & BkB last season. Guess his mother either cut off his computer or he has been committed to an institution.

Regardless, it's hard to pull for VU in anything, especially BB when a MT fan knows that VU's rise to "national" levels coincided with MT's loss of "regional" success. Mewborne was a genuinely good guy and after talking to him extensively about what VU did for Corbin that had been requested earlier along with them finding many "creative" ways to use academic and minority-inclusion scholarships to expand upon the 11.7 NCAA limit (along with the almost never mentioned academic exceptions obviously granted for athletes) it's no doubt that some portion of the success at VU has come at the expense of MT.
MT does it to themselves. Since Roy Mewbourne retired, not one single person that I know of from the BRAA has done anything in Williamson County to generate interest among the MT alumni fan base. The golf outing at Temple Hills was always well attended until McCluney killed it. Moved it to Nashville. I perused the Athletics website for any info on recent golf scrambles and the only one left is the Chuck Taylor Memorial.

One more thing. Before he left, McCluney did a press release on his 2015 BRAA giving “record” total.
$1.4 million.
The current BRAA staff payroll ($333,897) represents 24% of that “record” giving number from 2015 but not one press release on BRAA giving has been reported since.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Reactions: MTTim
I agree with FR. Where are the numbers. Are they so bad the BRAA is afraid to publish them. I was told after the bs video was done funding was available. I was skeptical then and now I know it was a lie.
Folks if you don't realize it now be assured this is a sinking ship.

I agree with FR. Where are the numbers. Are they so bad the BRAA is afraid to publish them. I was told after the bs video was done funding was available. I was skeptical then and now I know it was a lie.
Folks if you don't realize it now be assured this is a sinking ship.

They don't need to publish the number. They don't need to hide the season ticket numbers anymore. They don't need to fudge home game attendence numbers.

We can all see it, plain as day. We are not idiots. It is why so many are calling for Massaro to step down. Something must change. The ship has sunk.

They don't need to publish the number. They don't need to hide the season ticket numbers anymore. They don't need to fudge home game attendence numbers.

We can all see it, plain as day. We are not idiots. It is why so many are calling for Massaro to step down. Something must change. The ship has sunk.
Not just Massaro. I had such high hopes when we got out from under the Board of Regents but it's been the same old bull$hit. Nothing will change. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT