ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Airing of Grievances

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
In keeping with Festivus, let's do it here. Let's hear it, and while we are at it, autopsy the hell out of the stinking, rotting corpse that is the 2016 season.

defense sucks and has sucked for several years.

I've looked but I haven't found rankings for the defense each year Stock has been head coach. I'm guessing this year has to be near the bottom

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
College players will almost always defend their coaches regardless of whether they could coach themselves out of a wet paper bag. It's blind (and sometimes ignorant) loyalty because they're so close to one another. Natural human instinct I suppose. They're fools though if they think Nix is doing his job. Whether it's recruiting, game plans, fundamentals, etc. everything on the defense goes back to him. He is ultimately responsible for the guys on that side of the ball. I certainly think there's plenty of blame to go around with the rest of the position coaches, but the majority of the blame unquestionably falls on Nix and his woeful defense.

I can't believe former players are on social media defending Nix
I can. The ones I see defending him didn't even play for him. They just get it. I have been preaching it all year. It's not that the D is great but the O bears a much responsibility as the D if not more. I'm going to post a dedicated thread but we are blinded by stats and the O cost us this game. Period.

The offensive line failed this game.
The defense played their normal game. Give up third and longs, soft coverage, no pressure on the QB.
The entire defensive staff must be replaced.
1 and 5 bowl record is not worth a lifetime contract.
8 and 5 this season against one of the easiest schedules in the country.
"We competed"

Reactions: SpaceRaider
10 straight seasons without a Conference Title

Only one 10-win season (For comparison WKU has done both two years in a row)

I've been told told before any bowl expenses are deducted, we are currently $3 million in the hole and, that we had opportunities for other geographically closer bowls that Massaro turned down. Why? He wanted a game he felt we could win big on national TV. How's that working for you now, Chris?

Other than the JT's and TeKeRaiders who is gonna buy season tickets next year? Not me. Enough is enough. Reward mediocrity with a long term contract and you get the definition of insanity...."doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." I might buy a Vandy ticket and a WKU ticket but that's it.

Reactions: MTTim
I'll buy season tickets next season. My loyalty is to the university, not the coach, or the AD. My meager BRAA donation will likely not be missed though if there are no changes in the next few days.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
I'll buy season tickets next season. My loyalty is to the university, not the coach, or the AD. My meager BRAA donation will likely not be missed though if there are no changes in the next few days.

Problem is Space, when you throw money at the program, you are inherently supporting Stock and his staff. Purchasing season tickets actually does nothing for the university itself. I guarantee those funds go straight into the operating budget and towards Nixes salary.

I applaud you on pulling your BRAA donation though. Hopefully more will follow.

I wish there was some sort of way to negatively donate money. What I mean by that is, since I have no fundings to pull since I don't purchase season tickets/BRAA membership, is there a way I could literally give money to hurt the budget. I would actually donate if so.

Maybe we could set up a GoFundMe for a new defensive coordinator. It could kind of serve as an incentive to fire Nix because the money won't be handed over until he's fired. People could donate their money into that instead of season tickets/BRAA membership etc.

We are in the middle, the current leadership can't get us where we want to go. It starts with McPhee, then Massaro, then Stock.

It's a bout accountability and if there isn't a major change from these three this winter then the program is dead.

I love MT. I will support the University forever. Just sad about the inability of us to get over even small obstacles.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
There is no will to be anything greater than the bare minimum. It was evident long before last night.

All the schematic problems, all the coaching changes, recruiting, player changes that you guys want - it's all just shuffling deck chairs on a sinking ship - until this program commits to higher standards.

You would have to be blind as to not think some changes need to be made on defense. If Stock doesn't make some changes than we have an even bigger problem. We should see over the next 10 days.

There is no will to be anything greater than the bare minimum. It was evident long before last night.

All the schematic problems, all the coaching changes, recruiting, player changes that you guys want - it's all just shuffling deck chairs on a sinking ship - until this program commits to higher standards.

With other conf programs taking steps to improve combined with big money games to make up for the falling attendance and support, I suspect Coach "Bowl Eligible" Stockstill will soon change to Coach "Competed" Stockstill.

This current trend of MT football must change. For too long, it's been coaching raises and long contracts at the first sign of a decent season. Then as the program languishes in mediocrity for years with poor attendance and poor support it's difficult to find a decent coach much less produce any money that could lure good coaches. It's time to start letting coaches with 2 or 3 years of progress leave for bigger bucks if they want.

MT needs to move to some decent pay for a few year contract with a reasonably decent buyout for the new HC. That way when the new HC leaves after 2 or 3 seasons of success for a "bigger" better paying job, his buyout will provide a good base of funds to be able to offer another new HC a decent amount of $$$ to help lure a good new HC.

It's irritating that the athletic dept has gotten into this situation especially when a highly successful and loyal mbb HC wants to stay a Blue Raider yet is not being paid what he deserves.

It's sad, but it's starting to look like the question will be coming up regarding can MT afford not to let coach stock go? Attendance and support is turning abysmal, and I suspect it will likely only get worse next season.

It's sad, but it's starting to look like the question will be coming up regarding can MT afford not to let coach stock go? Attendance and support is turning abysmal, and I suspect it will likely only get worse next season.
Guys, I predicted this two years ago. Nobody wanted to hear it. The bunch from Blue Raider Zone banned me for it, yet they still take abuse from ToT. Whoever runs that Forum sure is a sensitive lad.

Last edited:
Guys, I predicted this two years ago. Nobody wanted to hear it. The bunch from Blue Raider Zone banned me for it, yet they still take verbal abuse from ToT. Whoever runs that Forum sure is a sensitive lad.
We are in a critical situation. I too remember the West days at Memphis and I believe we are worst. If nothing is done I predict about 5.000 for our home opener and that may end up being the most attended for 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT