ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Aight! Its that time of year again.....time for all of us armchair...

MTsumner92

All American
Jul 31, 2005
Hendersonville
quarterbacks to put it on the line and predict not only the record we finish at this year but also the score on the Vandy game. Also pick the sleeper in C-USA East this year..

I'll go first.

Final record of 8 - 5. Not convinced our lines of scrimmage are good enough for a conference championship.

Vandy 45 MT 21. Our rebuilt line and running back by committee are forced to get it done due to the rain and just can't do it when Vandy is loading the box.

Sleeper pick is FAU. That is an interesting situation. Can you transfer enough talent in to make a difference in one recruiting class? Kermit does it every year....but that is basketball right?

If we start out 1-3, we go 4-9. If we start out 2-2 or better, 8-5.

Vanderbilt beats us by three touchdowns. The rest are pick ums. Except, maybe F_Us.

1. Vanderbilt L
  2. at Syracuse W
  3. at Minnesota L
  4. Bowling Green W
  5. at Florida Atlantic L
  6. Florida International W
  7. at UAB W
  8. Marshall W
  9. UTEP W
  10. at Charlotte W
  11. at WKU L
  12. Old Dominion W
  13. Bowl Game L
8-5 (6-2)

I'll bite. I'm gonna go all in. 10-2 with loses to one of the OoC games, and another dumb drop in the Conf schedule, to UTEP, FAU, or somewhere in there. I think we will all have hospital stays in the cardiac unit after the WKU and ODU games, but that we will pull them off.

I think we get to the championship game this year but drop it, and will come back next year and go 14-0. :) Hey, a man can dream big. We win a bowl finally and finish 11-3.

My sleeper this year is Charlotte. Having watched them last year, they are close. They won't have a repeat of what ODU did last year, but I think they could easily finish 8-4 and get in a bowl.

Vandy score 38-35. The defense starts out rusty and Vandy gets ahead, but we find our groove in the 2nd half and hold them so our offense can come back.

And no, don't ask me to lay money on any of that. haha.

Reactions: MTsumner92
6-6. We go 1-3 OOC then lose to WKU and both F_Us.
Vandy 42
MT 30.
Play in the shit eater bowl and lose to Tulane.
Hoping I'm dead wrong.

For me....
  1. Vanderbilt L
  2. at Syracuse L
  3. at Minnesota L
  4. Bowling Green W
  5. at Florida Atlantic L (flip a coin....i did and FAU won...)
  7. at UAB W
  8. Marshall W
  9. UTEP W
  10. at Charlotte W
  11. at WKU L
  12. Old Dominion W
  13. Bowl Game L
7-6 final season record. Athletic department continues singing the tune of "bowl eligibility" despite playing one of the weakest schedules in the country year-in year-out to get "bowl eligible."

2018 could be a great year however if James & Stockstill are still here.

Overall 7-6

With another bowl game loss.

Sleeper in the East will be UAB. They come out of nowhere and compete for the East.

Vandy - L
Cuse - L
Minnesota - L
BG - win
FAU - L
FIU - W
UAB - W
Marshall - W
UTEP - W
Charlotte - W
WKU - L
ODU - L

ODU's the toss up, IMHO, and since we usually pack it in once we have our 6 wins (BOWL ELIGIBILITY MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!), we won't show up for that one.

Record 6-6

Sleeper - Marshall - they're always pretty talented. (I wanted to pick FAU, but other folks seem to have them, so I figured I pick a different one).

Vandy 38 MT 24

1. Vanderbilt W( we win this one 28-24 in front of 18k)
  2. at Syracuse W
  3. at Minnesota L
  4. Bowling Green W
  5. at Florida Atlantic W
  7. at UAB W
  8. Marshall W
  9. UTEP W
  10. at Charlotte W
  11. at WKU W
  12. Old Dominion L ( This is the Sleeper, but fortunately for us they lose 1 other conference game)
  13. Conf. Champ game W
  14. Bowl Game W ( finally)

I'm pretty optimistic. I was 2 off of my prediction last year and we should have won both of those games. We had the talent and led in one of them til the end.

Here's what I have this year....
  1. Vanderbilt W - For all of the VU is great talk, they are relying on one guy to win it. We are at home which makes a big difference and our D will be improved. Rattle the QB and it's game, set, match.

2. at Syracuse W - Their O might be a little better than VU but their D is bad. Last year us bad. It will be a shootout.

3. at Minnesota L - PJ knows us and his players are ginormous and will be in a row boat apparently.

4. Bowling Green W - Their O will be sharper but their D won't be.

5. at Florida Atlantic W - Their fall camp is a mess and Last Chance U's aren't doing that great.

6. Florida International W - I think they are better than FAU and I'm glad we play at home.

7. at UAB W - They have talent and Clark is a good coach. We know their QB though. :)

8. Marshall W - At home wearing the blackout jerseys. I like our chances.

9. UTEP W - At home, I always like our chances.

10. at Charlotte W - If Brent is healthy, they are toast.

11. at WKU W - If we do as well as I'm thinking we will, we will be out for blood.

12. Old Dominion W - They are breaking in a new QB. Had a good year last year but will slip up.
We'll face either UTSA or LaTech in the CUSA championship game.

Now look, I realize that this is very blue kool-aid fueled outlook and we have never performed to this level under Stock but I just feel now is the time. I'm basing all of this on potential. We have the potential to go 12-1 but some luck and health will be needed too and those 2 factors are unknown variables. If we beat Vandy, this is very possible. If we lose a close game, 10-2. If we get smoked, then 8 or 7 wins.

My sleeper in the east is FIU. They have good players but had bad coaching. They have a good coach now and he has something to prove.

Sleeper in the west is UNT.

For me....
  1. Vanderbilt L
  2. at Syracuse L
  3. at Minnesota L
  4. Bowling Green W
  5. at Florida Atlantic L (flip a coin....i did and FAU won...)
  7. at UAB W
  8. Marshall W
  9. UTEP W
  10. at Charlotte W
  11. at WKU L
  12. Old Dominion W
  13. Bowl Game L
7-6 final season record. Athletic department continues singing the tune of "bowl eligibility" despite playing one of the weakest schedules in the country year-in year-out to get "bowl eligible."

2018 could be a great year however if James & Stockstill are still here.
That sounds like Cubs fans until last year.

Just giving my honest prediction.

Last year I predicted 8-5 with a bowl game loss.

We went 8-5 with a bowl game loss.
Have no problem with the prediction, but I think most Blue Raider fans are tired of "wait until next year."

I can make a prediction...we have holes but yet have a lot of talent. We were horrible on D, but have a new scheme. There isn't a game on our schedule that we can win. So if we look at the past, 8-5 is probably accurate...but I have no idea and am not going to predict anything this year.

I am waiting for a good surprise from our football program. Last one was probably the 2009 New Orleans Bowl game. The allure of that season and how it ended is all but dried up. We need a healthy surprise from this football team to get things back on track. I hope this game and this year is that surprise.

Reactions: MTsumner92
quarterbacks to put it on the line and predict not only the record we finish at this year but also the score on the Vandy game. Also pick the sleeper in C-USA East this year..

I'll go first.

Final record of 8 - 5. Not convinced our lines of scrimmage are good enough for a conference championship.

Vandy 45 MT 21. Our rebuilt line and running back by committee are forced to get it done due to the rain and just can't do it when Vandy is loading the box.

Sleeper pick is FAU. That is an interesting situation. Can you transfer enough talent in to make a difference in one recruiting class? Kermit does it every year....but that is basketball right?

I'm thinking 9-4, I think the defense will be better than most believe and I believe the offense will miss the I-train.

31-27, Blue Raiders win Saturday. As a bonus prediction, vandy fans will claim 4x as many commodore fans than actually show.

I think Marshall will recover from their one year swoon. That's my dark horse for the east division.

and Kermit will have a great weekend...

I was right on 7-6, but predicted a bowl loss. Overall record still predicted correctly. That's two years in a row now where I nailed the final number.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT