ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL AAC and CUSA commissioners take on 4 team playoff

JohnDavidBlue

All American
Sep 10, 2005
I don't understand G5 conference commissioners who don't want to push their conference's agenda. Even if you are opposed to expanding the playoffs, it would be nice to see G5 leaders fight more for their members.

CUSA commish excerpts:

...Some critics of the system have said that what's missing in college football is the Cinderella stories that are seen more frequently in the college basketball tournament, but C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod said she believes it is possible.

"I think it's harder," she said, "but something's got to prove me wrong to think it's not possible."...

AAC commish excerpts:
..."I'm not there yet," said American Athletic commissioner Mike Aresco, who has been vocal in his support of UCF, which is the only undefeated team left in the country and finished No. 12 in the selection committee's final ranking. "I am open to the notion, but I'm not campaigning for it. The last thing I want to do is give anyone the impression I'm campaigning to expand it, because I'm not. I'm happy with the four."...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tee-unanimously-opposed-expanding-4-teams-now

positioning for their next jobs, which they hope to be with P5s, perhaps...

They are not 'all in' with the interests of their current employers.

Reactions: T2Tool
They know they have no leverage.

To me its not about leverage its about advocating for your conference and making the case that all FBS teams should have a chance - the current system doesn't give any of us a chance. We could go 13-0 next year with 3 SEC victories (all on the road) and it wouldn't mean SH!T

Reactions: bluefutcpa
Goodnight! In my opinion, C-USA has a horrible commish. Horrible as in horrible for the job. She just does not remotely seem like a leader advancing the conference. Overall, it seems the conf is going backwards in the grand scheme of NCAA athletics.

Aren't the new tv contracts due up again this summer? I have little to no confidence in the prospects with her at the helm.

It's been pretty frustrating trying to find MT (and C-USA) bball games on TV the last couple of weeks. After checking typical cable channels and not finding any, one has to go through numerous websites to see if a game is streamed on any number of locations. It is really pretty bad. Then to top it off over the last couple of weeks, the OVC has had about 3 conference games on national tv on CBS Sports Network. I'm talking about ovc vs ovc not ovc vs Big 12 or something to that effect.

Replace the CUSA commissioner with the OVC commissioner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT