ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB 2nd Exhibition (UT-Southern)

I am excited about this team and am anxious to get the regular season started. While Mercer isn't a household name, they do have a solid team and are picked to win their conference.

I did find one part of Coach Insell's post game interview amusing. And it's something we have all harped on. He mentioned Courtney averaged 37 or so minutes a game last year and previous years making note that he feels like he has more depth now where he can rest her so she doesn't run out of gas late in the season. Now I love CRI but I hate his unwillingness to give his bench more playing time. And his comments, IMO hold no validity. There have been multiple games where we have been up 20+ points where he has had our starters in late in the 4th quarter. For goodness sake, give the bench some actual game experience. There is no reason she had to average that many minutes per game last year and there was plenty of opportunity to rest her. Hopefully this is the year he actually does it and we have the energy needed to make a postseason run on the big stage.

Thought they looked sharper last night than on Friday...plus I felt UTS was a better team than CB. We have a lot of scorers and defense looks good, although the proof will be when we play better competition.

Three delightful young ladies who are also really good players. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. The Insells can do that.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Early prediction: This could be highest offensive output team in Lady Raiders modern era history. Never has MT had so many shooters & scorers mixed with enough athletes for an up tempo pressure defense. Rick loves full court pressure, this is just the 1st team since '07 squad that has enough bodies to run it. If he maintains 9 plus player rotation this team could score 80 or more points multiple nights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT