ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL If you could schedule a home and home?

Agree with the names mentioned above, but outside of Appalachian St or Boise St. I have no specific ideal team or teams.
To garner local interest I would continue in the same vein of seeking out lower to mid-tier P4 teams. We were able to do that with Georgia Tech, Duke, & Virginia amongst a couple others. There are plenty others out there. Teams such as Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Wake Forrest, & Kansas for example.
These are not schools such as Alabama or Ohio St, but the opportunity to see a G5 beat any P4 team at home would garner more interest than a home & home with 90% of the other G5's.

BB RECRUITING Portal Shopping

While we all felt that Boldyreva was the higher skilled athlete, & deserved the larger amount of playing time that doesn't mean Iullia felt the same way.
I don't think she understood the concept just yet of paying your dues when it came to being on a good team.
Believe there was a maturity issue concerning her playing time versus Boldyreva. Probably not my place, but I suspect a combo of jealousy & envy.
While I wish her well it's probably all for the best. If her anger towards playing time was spilling over to the locker room things like that can become a cancer, & cause division throughout a team.
And to tell the truth, as a 1st year player under CRI I thought her minutes were pretty darn good. 10 minutes per game to start a career at Middle Tennessee is not that bad. And as mentioned before she was competing against one of the nation's best centers in their 3rd year of play. So despite losing such a talented big, if there were some maturity issues as I suspect she probably made the right decision for all parties involved.
As Blue brought up earlier, these were the reading between the lines feelings I picked up from Matt's interview.
Reactions: MTOleBlue

BB RECRUITING Portal Shopping

Don’t know if it was as much as she was expecting to play over Nas as much as it was the fact that she knew she could have a big role at a major program somewhere with how good she is. Could be wrong but that’s kinda how I’m viewing it right now
Based on Matt's comments on a radio/podcast show a while back, I think we can infer it was the former. Not happy with playing time and wanting more.
Reactions: MTFAN61

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee reschedules future Army game, Eastern Michigan series

Crazy we schedule that far out, but at least scheduling seems to finally be headed in the right direction.

FCS (TN or regional)
G5 (regional if FSC is TN)
Random G5
Power $

We only have one Power school scheduled after '26 though. Those games are going to get harder to come by, especially if the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule. Be nice to get them nailed down now then be able to take the $ if they back out.

Edit...out of curiosity I checked.
ACC (17 teams) 4 Out of Conference Games
B1G (18) 3
B12 (16) 3
SEC (16) 4

234 out of conf games. Each team though is going to play a FCS and another Power. So that leaves 100 games each year. And some of those will be taken by other Power teams. FSU plays FL every year plus ND this year. GT plays GA. WVU/Pitt. So in reality there are probably barely enough games for Power vs G5. If the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule it takes away more.
The Big 10 only allows FCS games in seasons where they only get 4 home games. So essentially the Big 10 doesn’t play nearly as much FCS as other conferences.
Reactions: MidTennMtneer

FOOTBALL Showing of hands.......

Five minutes from the stadium. Orange Mound.
Fatal shooting in Drive-thru at Church’s Fried Chicken on Park Ave. in Memphis this week.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/m...cle_75aab020-3d9f-11ef-8fb8-933e9001ae8e.html
What sucks is that I actually like the Liberty Bowl. It's a cool place to watch a game. I have clients there that always hook me up with tailgating and awesome seats. Their gameday experience is actually pretty good.
Reactions: FranklinRaider315

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee reschedules future Army game, Eastern Michigan series

Crazy we schedule that far out, but at least scheduling seems to finally be headed in the right direction.

FCS (TN or regional)
G5 (regional if FSC is TN)
Random G5
Power $

We only have one Power school scheduled after '26 though. Those games are going to get harder to come by, especially if the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule. Be nice to get them nailed down now then be able to take the $ if they back out.

Edit...out of curiosity I checked.
ACC (17 teams) 4 Out of Conference Games
B1G (18) 3
B12 (16) 3
SEC (16) 4

234 out of conf games. Each team though is going to play a FCS and another Power. So that leaves 100 games each year. And some of those will be taken by other Power teams. FSU plays FL every year plus ND this year. GT plays GA. WVU/Pitt. So in reality there are probably barely enough games for Power vs G5. If the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule it takes away more.

I would love to do that but trying to convince everyone else to be as dumb as me is a major undertaking lol.
We only had a small group who would be out there all day. Most would show up about 3 PM for a 6:00 kickoff and then ask why we were closing up so early (5:00). You want to party longer, get your butt out there earlier! I'm not missing kickoff!
Reactions: ewglenn and MTTim

Back in the good old days when the kids were little, we would be out there tailgating about 8:30 in the AM Too old and lazy for all that work now with the kids off to college themselves. we have a small group that plans to pre-game at a restaurant, then have a few beers in the Grove before heading into Floyd. If I am going to tailgate, then I am going to do it RIGHT, but it's just not worth the effort any more for this old man!
I would love to do that but trying to convince everyone else to be as dumb as me is a major undertaking lol.
  • Haha
Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT