ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL If you could schedule a home and home?

1 game a year I don't mind, but we can't fill our schedule with them if you want to be taken seriously. I'd rather have the $ game opening weekend, we've seen so many upsets over the years of P4/5 programs stumbling right out of the gate
100%. That is one thing I'll give CM and Lee credit for. (I know for a fact Lee arranged the Memphis deal). One Power team is all we should be playing each year. You are right, 2 or 3 is ridiculous.

I do think we should open up every year at home with our FCS opponent though. While there is a chance absolutely to grab that Power win early, I think it is more important to start the season at home and with a win. Much easier to come back for home game number two at 1-1 and not lose fans early like we have in the past, than have our home opener be with us at 0-1 after a Power beatdown.
Reactions: ewglenn

All good schools, and I agree on scheduling schools in areas you want to recruit.

But money games, we have to have them. Can't afford not to. And the schools mentioned don't really pay the big money. Heck, Syracuse is getting paid $300k themselves to go to UNLV this year.
UCF is paying only $800k to SHSU.

We just need to have those $1m/yr games, loss or not, until we can't get them. The $1.6m from Ole Miss this year will pay CDM's salary for the year and then some.
We got $1.6m from Bama last year and get $1.2m from Wisconsin next year.

All we can do is schedule right, like we are the next few years opening at home vs FCS before the $ game instead of opening away.
1 game a year I don't mind, but we can't fill our schedule with them if you want to be taken seriously. I'd rather have the $ game opening weekend, we've seen so many upsets over the years of P4/5 programs stumbling right out of the gate

James Madison is a school I'd like for us to be playing in all the revenue sports. UAB, Marshall, Tulane, Coastal Carolina, Georgia St.

Would help recruiting in the Midwest if we can start playing a MAC school every year. P4 Money games need to be a thing of the past, schedule ones you can win (Northwestern, WAKE, SMU, Vandy, Syracuse, UCF, Indiana, etc.)
All good schools, and I agree on scheduling schools in areas you want to recruit.

But money games, we have to have them. Can't afford not to. And the schools mentioned don't really pay the big money. Heck, Syracuse is getting paid $300k themselves to go to UNLV this year.
UCF is paying only $800k to SHSU.

We just need to have those $1m/yr games, loss or not, until we can't get them. The $1.6m from Ole Miss this year will pay CDM's salary for the year and then some.
We got $1.6m from Bama last year and get $1.2m from Wisconsin next year.

All we can do is schedule right, like we are the next few years opening at home vs FCS before the $ game instead of opening away.
Reactions: ewglenn

FB RECRUITING ***The Recruiting Class as it currently stands***

We are definitely in a better place with recruiting than we have been in years.
Not only do I agree with you that recruiting is better than in years past, but I have a feeling that once here the athletes training & game time prep will be superior to what any MT football player has experienced in a long long time.
One of the major upgrades I look forward to seeing will be defensively. CUSA & most G5 schools are not known for their defense. CDM & our new DC thrive on defense. Have a feeling MT will develop a defense that CUSA hasn't seen in ages.

James Madison is a school I'd like for us to be playing in all the revenue sports. UAB, Marshall, Tulane, Coastal Carolina, Georgia St.

Would help recruiting in the Midwest if we can start playing a MAC school every year. P4 Money games need to be a thing of the past, schedule ones you can win (Northwestern, WAKE, SMU, Vandy, Syracuse, UCF, Indiana, etc.)

BB RECRUITING Class of 2025 Board

Coffee County center Channah Gannon is being recruited by a solid Nebraska program, & recently completed a visit there.
More & more P4 schools are paying attention to the players on Middle Tennessee's recruiting list.
A testament to the great eye for talent this staff has for talent and the top flight WBB talent this state produces. For alot of the girls they sign, MT is a either among the first to offer or the best program that has offered up to that point. We've been fortunate for alot of our best talent, those recruits and their families don't forget that and have reciprocated that loyalty after they get onto campus
Reactions: MTOleBlue

Troy is an obvious rivalry game.

Vandy is fun when Stock isn’t here.

App St and Marshall are excellent regional games.

Boise is an awesome city to visit.

Georgia State is an easy drive into Atlanta.

I always thought ECU would be a good home and home.

Obviously anytime we can get a former P5 team into Floyd it’s great.

When we moved to FBS 20+ years ago, I hoped for enough success to get a 2-1-1 with Tennessee: 2 in Neyland, 1 in Nashville and 1 to open the season in Floyd. Pipe dream.

The remaining four known commits for MTSU are from the states of Florida and Alabama. The commits are as follows:

- Camari Hall. Defensive Back. Hollywood, Florida.

- Wilson Hodges. Tight End. Montgomery, Alabama.

- Anthony Smith. Defensive Tackle. Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

- Stanley Anderson-Lofton. Quarterback. Orlando, Florida.

Login to view embedded media
Reactions: tyler90wm

Middle Tennessee State is off and running, assembling the 2025 recruiting class. No, you are not dreaming Blue Raider faithful, the class currently sits with double-digit commitments. As of this publication, the Blue Raiders have 11 known commitments.

Derek Mason has put an emphasis on in state recruiting and there is certainly an in-state flavor when it comes to the 2025 class. Seven of the known 11 commitments are from the state of Tennessee.

Here are those guys:

- Otto Van Rensburg. Offensive Lineman. Sevierville, Tennessee.

- Taylor Lawrence. Defensive Back. Thompson Station, Tennessee.

- Neo Clifton. Wide Receiver. Brentwood, Tennessee.

- Joel Lowenberg. Linebacker. Chattanooga, Tennessee.

- Rai Chandler. Running Back. Shelbyville, Tennessee.

- Bo Bryan. Offensive Lineman. Rockvale, Tennessee.

- Ben Hubbard. Wide Receiver. Brentwood, Tennessee.

BB RECRUITING Portal Shopping

I think she also saw that there wasn't much of a chance for more playing time this season. The coaches didn't seem to like playing her and Boldyreva together. There are so many options to take Whitson's place. I don't think she was going to be considered one of them. I think we could see Ta'Mia Scott at the 4 when Arike And Boldyreva rest. We also have Milanovic And Kabernick. Grannum will play because she's been loyal to the program for 4 years. I just don's see Mason Playing much this year.
Reactions: MTOleBlue

I just looked at Vandy’s home schedule and I said to myself , “man I bet CDM is sure glad to be at MTSU!” 😂

Va. Tech, Bama, Texas, South Carolina and Tennessee. Bloodbath on West End.
They may beat Alcorn and Ball St. 😂
I have a buddy who bought season tix for Vanderbilt. He got 6 and will sell to opposing fans for Tennessee, Texas and Bama. He will turn a profit
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT