ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING ***The Recruiting Class as it currently stands***

I think the point he’s ultimately getting at is this brand isn’t quite as enjoyable for the fan. You don’t or won’t get to experience watching good players become legends anymore here. We’ve already seen some of our best FB players leave in the last few years. Basketball is an even better example. Think back to ‘17. Giddy Potts was coming off leading the nation in 3-point shooting. He would have been paid seven figures to leave. Reggie Upshaw was a beast and would have been plucked. Even the same with the transfer itself. Jacorey W and Nick King get better money offers and never come here.

No Giddy senior year. No Reggie. No Michigan St win. No legends. Those days are now over. And yeah we can adapt to flip through players like a turnstile at six flags but it’s not going to be nearly as enjoyable anymore. It’s gonna be like the construction worker fan in the movie MLB. “Who the hell are these guys?”

I think that’s the reality but will hold a wee bit a faith that DM has a plan in place to influence retention. As for CNM…oof. Well he shouldn’t be coaching a juco right now so we’re f’d there.

I don’t think that’s necessarily the right question.

Hopefully CDM makes the situation positive for players to the point the only reason a quality player wants to leave is money or family reasons.

You plan for this, through analytics you predict how many quality players may leave each year and plan for it.

You raid FCS’s top players to fill gaps and becoming a desired landing spot for disgruntled quality players from other FBS programs through the transfer portal.

Whether they like it or not, quality programs our size have to adapt and plan for losing players.

The question isn’t can we keep all the studs. The question is: we know we are going to lose X, what’s our plan to compensate and backfill when it happens?
I also view it as the same I do when we lose coaches. They get poached enough (as they should for a G5, ignore our past history on this) then young bucks beg to be on staff as they know it is an opportunity to get noticed.

Same for players. Don't get the offer you want, come here. Let us develop you and get you to a Power school. Do that enough and again, you'll have quality kids knocking on your door. And now and then because of your culture, some of those kids stay.
Reactions: Brew_Raider

Recruiting is definitely better.

The question will now become, can we keep the studs?

I want to type out some really negative things right now, but I'll refrain. I've expressed myself enough when it comes to transfer portal disdain and how futile it all feels now.

I don’t think that’s necessarily the right question.

Hopefully CDM makes the situation positive for players to the point the only reason a quality player wants to leave is money or family reasons.

You plan for this, through analytics you predict how many quality players may leave each year and plan for it.

You raid FCS’s top players to fill gaps and becoming a desired landing spot for disgruntled quality players from other FBS programs through the transfer portal.

Whether they like it or not, quality programs our size have to adapt and plan for losing players.

The question isn’t can we keep all the studs. The question is: we know we are going to lose X, what’s our plan to compensate and backfill when it happens?

UNIVERSITY NEWS CUSA Endowments

What exactly does an endowment consist of ? Is it just a bunch of money sitting in investments/interest bearing accounts ?

Pretty shocking to see so many public (and private) universities with so much money. Students get saddled with unbearable debt, tax payers get hooked for billions, and the colleges just stack it up and get fatter with each passing year ?

I used to not understand the fervent hate for higher education. I'm starting to understand it now.

Updated Floyd capacity

Was talking expansion of KSU's stadium(currently 10,200, hard to believe there will be FBS football there in less than two months) and I was curious as to what our updated capacity is and was surprised to find it still listed at 30,788 on wiki as well as on our own damn website.

I'm a little shaky on my timeline because it's been more than a decade since I was at every home game and I've probably attended just just two or three total in the last six or seven years, but it feels like we've had tarps for at least that long and now we've played one(two?) seasons with the endzone/corner upper deck gone. Anyone know what our real capacity is now and/or will be after renovations are complete?
They haven’t given an official count yet. I am guessing in the 28-29k range.
Reactions: MTFAN61

Updated Floyd capacity

Was talking expansion of KSU's stadium(currently 10,200, hard to believe there will be FBS football there in less than two months) and I was curious as to what our updated capacity is and was surprised to find it still listed at 30,788 on wiki as well as on our own damn website.

I'm a little shaky on my timeline because it's been more than a decade since I was at every home game and I've probably attended just just two or three total in the last six or seven years, but it feels like we've had tarps for at least that long and now we've played one(two?) seasons with the endzone/corner upper deck gone. Anyone know what our real capacity is now and/or will be after renovations are complete?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT