ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING MT vs Kansas St @ neutral site

Haha. Definitely won't be too neutral. They're not calling it the Bill Snyder Classic for nothing. Probably K-States greatest football coach in their history.
Btw- we are only the first team to agree to play in this year's tournament. Not sure if it's a 4 team or an 8 team tourney, but probably 4.
It’s simply one game. The inaugural classic was last year, K-St beat Mizzou 84-56 in front of a capacity crowd. While St Joe is 130 miles from K-St, it will be anything but a neutral site.
Will be interesting to learn if we get a return game out of this?

Any idea when we can expect the release of the entire non-conference slate?

Not sure you can really consider this neutral. 8 hour difference in distance bewteen the 2
Haha. Definitely won't be too neutral. They're not calling it the Bill Snyder Classic for nothing. Probably K-States greatest football coach in their history.
Btw- we are only the first team to agree to play in this year's tournament. Not sure if it's a 4 team or an 8 team tourney, but probably 4.

Login to view embedded media
Another really big non-conference matchup.

Kansas State boast one of the tallest starting lineups in the country and a big (6’6” 19.7ppg) that will rival Boldyreva on the scoring front.
Any idea when we can expect the release of the entire non-conference slate?

Not sure you can really consider this neutral. 8 hour difference in distance bewteen the 2

G5 Playoff

A great proposal, (I think ALL conf champs should make it personally) but I don't see the P4 allowing that at all. No way do I see them giving the G5 team the 5 seed. Unless that team is ranked in the top10 which rarely happens. We will be the 12 seed almost every year.

It really should be 14 teams. 9 champs and 5 at large with top 2 getting byes. It is so simple but will never happen.

NY6 teams and rankings
'23 Liberty #23
'22 Tulane #16
'21 Cincy #4 CFP
'20 Cincy #8
'19 Memphis #17
'18 UCF #8
'17 UCF #12
'16 WMU #15
'15 Houston #18
I believe it has to do with getting the G5 schools to agree to all the other nonsense they are shoving down there throats. Only Liberty wouldn't have been able to host the game.

G5 Playoff

I spoke with a coach and they said it's proposed that the #5 seed goes to G5 qualifier, and will host as long as they have enough hotels to accommodate the media and traveling fans, if not it will move to the others schools homesite.
A great proposal, (I think ALL conf champs should make it personally) but I don't see the P4 allowing that at all. No way do I see them giving the G5 team the 5 seed. Unless that team is ranked in the top10 which rarely happens. We will be the 12 seed almost every year.

It really should be 14 teams. 9 champs and 5 at large with top 2 getting byes. It is so simple but will never happen.

NY6 teams and rankings
'23 Liberty #23
'22 Tulane #16
'21 Cincy #4 CFP
'20 Cincy #8
'19 Memphis #17
'18 UCF #8
'17 UCF #12
'16 WMU #15
'15 Houston #18

G5 Playoff

A split will happen. It may be 2-3yrs from now, it may be 7. I think we realistically have till the end of the '31 season. At the most. The new CFP contract ends then.

Either we will be locked out then, or they will get their ducks in a row before and renegotiate an extension that will lock us out. Those with the most money and control (ie Sankey and the SEC) are just pushing too hard for this and Baker will allow the NCAA to cave so he can maintain some semblance of control.

Makes one wonder if we are better off fighting or developing a G5 playoff now that puts our champ in the CFP, which may allow the G5 to keep a seat at the table.

I spoke with a coach and they said it's proposed that the #5 seed goes to G5 qualifier, and will host as long as they have enough hotels to accommodate the media and traveling fans, if not it will move to the others schools homesite.
Reactions: MidTennMtneer

G5 Playoff

A split will happen. It may be 2-3yrs from now, it may be 7. I think we realistically have till the end of the '31 season. At the most. The new CFP contract ends then.

Either we will be locked out then, or they will get their ducks in a row before and renegotiate an extension that will lock us out. Those with the most money and control (ie Sankey and the SEC) are just pushing too hard for this and Baker will allow the NCAA to cave so he can maintain some semblance of control.

Makes one wonder if we are better off fighting or developing a G5 playoff now that puts our champ in the CFP, which may allow the G5 to keep a seat at the table.

Update on construction....

Would definitely work here with Ascend
Ascend is an excellent idea. With close to a quarter million members, & around $4 billion in assets Ascend is the largest credit union in Middle Tennessee. They certainly would have the funding. Ascend Stadium has a great sound.
A perfect tie in for MT & Ascend would be to somehow coordinate both logos. The Ascend logo has a (jet/plane) ascending into the air. As we all know MT has one of the nation's top aviation programs. Ascend already has MT debit/credit cards available. Last time I was at a branch office I was going to get one, but the finance assistant said they were completely out & waiting for new shipment to arrive.
Their MT logo cards should have the Ascend jet logo combined in the font signifying our aviation department as well.

BB RECRUITING Class of 2026 Board

Going outside the class of 2026, but CMI has also offered Murfreesboro native 6' 0" PF Makynli Bacon for the Class of 2028.
In 2022 Bacon was with Oakland Middle girls basketball program. Has since moved on to the Webb School where one publication already has her at 6' 1".
Could be 6' 4" or taller by graduation. Matt's keeping up the process of going after them early!

Jax just sold their stadium naming rights to a local credit union. Something I really think we should shoot for. No mention on $ yet.

Would definitely work here with Ascend

BB RECRUITING Class of 2026 Board

Far as I can tell, Middle is the only offer she has, which isn't shocking. Worth noting Chelby Jordan is her AAU teammate
Class of 2026 from Auburn AL, 5' 9" guard. Listed as long, quick, athletic & aggressive. From what I've read she plays bigger than her size, & gets most of her points from the interior.

Jax just sold their stadium naming rights to a local credit union. Something I really think we should shoot for. No mention on $ yet.

Reactions: Shayne_Pickering
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT