ADVERTISEMENT

Won't go so far as to say fraud...

I knew the lady in question for a brief period several years ago when she was still living in the mid-state. She was well-liked, very unassuming and in my estimation a quality human being. I have to believe she was misquoted or misunderstood by the writer. Can't imagine her pretending to be something she is not.

I have no idea; perhaps she was at one time honored at MT for being a pioneer (I seem to remember something) and that somehow got translated to hof.

I checked MTSU Midlander and the only reference that I could find would be in the 1974 edition. Mary Secrest appears (Senior portrait) on page 351. There is a picture of women's basketball on page 83, and in an unnamed picture, she appears to be wearing #22 (back is turned). Her hometown is listed as Murfreesboro.

I remember either an interview on the radio (probably halftime of a WGNS broadcast) or print from somewhere, may have been Central High and her being noted as a pioneer in local women's basketball (probably around the time of 1999-2000?). Don't know when the Hall of Fame honor would have been bestowed, that did not ring a bell from my memory.

This post was edited on 4/7 7:11 PM by Raiderclyde

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT