ADVERTISEMENT

WKU -10 and climbing.....

For what it's worth, I think MTSU is better than WKU. Having played both teams, we should have beaten Western by 20, and I thought our two teams last night were evenly matched. I will be betting on MTSU Saturday.

Where are you seeing it climbing? Looks like it has ticked down and back up. Not seeing much climb. As many times as this game has come down to the wire. I figured it will stay in between 7-10.

Because of the rivalry associated with this game, I can't see Middle Tennessee being more than a 2 TD underdog. That said, the Goats went down to Houston and drubbed Rice by 39 points, 49-10. Much worse than Texas did.

We know. You wouldn't dare spend money on anything MT related unless CM gives you your bottle, burps you and tucks you in. I bet you bought your tix through Wkcc.

We know. You wouldn't dare spend money on anything MT related unless CM gives you your bottle, burps you and tucks you in. I bet you bought your tix through Wkcc.
With the price STHs pay for tickets vs the price walk ups/other deals pay he should at least give STHs a refillable MT souvenir bottle/cup we can take to concession stands to refill for $1.

With the price STHs pay for tickets vs the price walk ups/other deals pay he should at least give STHs a refillable MT souvenir bottle/cup we can take to concession stands to refill for $1.
This email came yesterday....I'd be pissed (if I still had my reserved seating season tickets that I bought early for nine years)
"
On behalf of the Department of Athletics, we would like to thank you for your attendance last Saturday in the rain vs. Vanderbilt. While it was a great game and we didn’t get the outcome we all wanted, I think it was pretty evident that our talented football team working with a great student section and fan attendance, can still accomplish great things this season, including a Conference USA title.

We would like to thank you for your commitment to our program, and choosing to attend the rainy game, with a special discounted offer to our next football game vs. FIU on October 17.

By simply clicking on the following link, you can purchase sideline reserved seats for only $8 (reg. $24). This offer is available via this link only and will be available through Friday, October 16. You will also need to enter the following password – TRUEBLUE

CLICK HERE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $8 TICKET OFFER -https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l=EN&t=mtsu&o=619627&g=162

Enter the password - TRUEBLUE

Again, thank you for standing in the rain with us and all of your participation this year. I know the football team, the coaching staff, and the entire Athletics Department appreciate your efforts in horrible weather conditions.

GO BLUE RAIDERS!

This email came yesterday....I'd be pissed (if I still had my reserved seating season tickets that I bought early for nine years)
"
On behalf of the Department of Athletics, we would like to thank you for your attendance last Saturday in the rain vs. Vanderbilt. While it was a great game and we didn’t get the outcome we all wanted, I think it was pretty evident that our talented football team working with a great student section and fan attendance, can still accomplish great things this season, including a Conference USA title.

We would like to thank you for your commitment to our program, and choosing to attend the rainy game, with a special discounted offer to our next football game vs. FIU on October 17.

By simply clicking on the following link, you can purchase sideline reserved seats for only $8 (reg. $24). This offer is available via this link only and will be available through Friday, October 16. You will also need to enter the following password – TRUEBLUE

CLICK HERE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $8 TICKET OFFER -https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l=EN&t=mtsu&o=619627&g=162

Enter the password - TRUEBLUE

Again, thank you for standing in the rain with us and all of your participation this year. I know the football team, the coaching staff, and the entire Athletics Department appreciate your efforts in horrible weather conditions.

GO BLUE RAIDERS!

Its great to be a nonSTH, $16 discount! Though hope a lot take them up on the offer, a good crown would be nice. but with F (A/I) U not sure many will even go for $8.

I don't think season ticket holders will be mad unless they're just petty bags. People who buy season tix do so to support the school or to get the exact seat they want for the few games that draw. This special doesn't change that. You have to be a pretty sad and pathetic "supporter" to be upset that the school is doing special to draw crowds for poorly attended games. Of course we have seen some sad and pathetic fans...

Last edited:
I've been a season ticket holder since 1979. I had club seats, I've had chairback seats, I've had bleacher seats on both the east side and the west side. I don't think I once have given a damn what somebody else paid for their ticket(s). I pay for season tickets and I use them, because that's what I feel true blue alumni should do if they have budget to do it. If the university wants to discount tickets to try to encourage others to come, that's great. I don't have one bit of resentment, envy, or whatever, about that. If it allows some to come that might not otherwise, I am all for it.

I happily buy my season tix and will continue to do so. WTH is wrong some people on these boards? MT is going all out to get people to the games. I don't blame them one bit. It was a smart move.

If it were all season long I would have a problem with it. Not because I am envious of someone getting a better price but because I don't think the return(increase in attendance) is worth devaluing the product(ie. people who are already coming choosing the cheaper option). I think it is bad business for multiple games.

Hell if people think we are bad check out other fan boards. We are Shirly Temple compared to most College FB fans.

That's because most of those boards are filled with wal-mart fans. It should be better here.

It'll be 7 by kick off. I must say, Vegas is putting a lot more faith in the team than I am. I thought they would hold firm at -10 regardless of the action which they so often do especially this far into the season. Instead, 64% of the spread betting is on WKU and 83% of the money line betting is on WKU also, so people are betting WKU but the line is falling. Vegas likes MT here for some reason, probably because of the recent history with the Raiders winning I believe 5 of 6. This is a classic trap with WKU blowing out opponents and Vegas dropping the line despite WKU getting most of the action. They're trying to sucker people into taking WKU.

We'll see.

Or maybe because with our improved D and O we match up well despite our inability close. They got beat up and down by Vandy. Vandy choked similar to the way we did. Illinois was good and we should have won. I am not ready to guarantee victory but I think people who have seen us play know we can compete. Plus the history says this will be close.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTBig Blue
My concern is that there seems to be more on the line for wku here than MT. It can be argued otherwise, but when an opportunity lies before each of these athletic programs in ANY sport, which one traditionally seems to take hold of it and which one drops it like a hot potato?

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a chance we can go up there and make their fans cry, but the players have to execute and the coaches have to have solid gameplan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT