ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Winning Tennessee

if they can play then recruit them, if they are fcs material let them go there.

I can agree with that We should probably be winning more battles with schools like us for talent that is in our backyard. Heck I know it's a long shot but we need to still be recruiting these 4 star kids from around here is well. If I'm Stock Im calling emailing texting tweeting guys like Jacoby Stevens as much as legally possible. I don't know the recruiting rules but I would also be using the local talent on the roster to help recruit locally as well. WIll we lose 99% of our recruiting battles with P5 schools? yes but we will definitely lose 100% of the recruiting battles that we don't participate in.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Misinformed article.

First, he's simply wrong on the #'s of high profile recruits signing with non-BCS teams

Of the Rivals top 25 in Tennesseee in 2016, 3 went Non-BCS. We signed 1, WKU signed 1, and Memphis signed a Memphis kid.

In 2015, only 1 went to a non-BCS school - Navy

In 2014, there were 5. We signed 2, WKU, Tulsa, and Tenn Tech signed 1 each.

In 2013, 2 went non-BCS, we signed 1 and Tennessee State signed 1.

Second, he lends no creedence to the fact that maybe, a kid and MTSU aren't a good fit. Certainly the kid going to Navy is looking for something different than we offer. There's such things as running teams, passing teams, 3-4 defenses, 4-3 defenses. There may be times where Stock and co takes a good look at a kid, and just makes their own decision as to whether or not they can play at this level. Contrary to popular belief, the staff doesn't need permission from rivals to recruit a kid.

Third, I don't for one second believe the whole "Rick just assumed Brent didn't want to play for MTSU and Brent never once mentioned it". That's a bunch of baloney, he's here because Cincy landed Gunner Kiel. Hey, whatever works.

Fourth, someone find me 3 kids from the state in the last 5 years that went on to success at the G5 level that MTSU chose not to recruit. I'll be here all week waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT