ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Who Is The Greatest Middle Tennessee Football Player Ever?

I would say you would have to divide it into when we were 1-aa/FCS and since we've been FBS.

I don't think Dasher should be listed as one of the greatest. He had a great year and a great bowl game in 2009, but he was awful in 2010.

A). Love the GIF.

B). Would you leave Dendy off the list if we were talking about basketball? Similar body of work for one season I guess.

I don't have qualms with Dasher being on the list. He was fantastic and led the team to their best season ever and first (and only) bowl win. Can't discount that regardless of what happened the next year.

That said, I guess I don't have a problem with him being off the list, either.

And that's the problem with Dwight Dasher.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Tough choices, but had to go with Don Griffin. All American, OVC Defensive Player of Year. Played on the 1985 11-0 undefeated regular season team. Complete NFL career including Super Bowls with the 49ers. Super player!

Dasher should not be even considered. He's not in my top four as QB. He's fifth behind Kelly Holcomb, Teddy Morris, Wes Counts, and Marvin Collier.

A). Love the GIF.

B). Would you leave Dendy off the list if we were talking about basketball? Similar body of work for one season I guess.

I don't have qualms with Dasher being on the list. He was fantastic and led the team to their best season ever and first (and only) bowl win. Can't discount that regardless of what happened the next year.

That said, I guess I don't have a problem with him being off the list, either.

And that's the problem with Dwight Dasher.

Fair question regarding Dendy,but I know absolutely nothing about basketball to really weigh in on that. Dasher was great in '09 because of Franklin in my opinion. I've watched film of Dwight around 2010 and he would have wide open receivers but would tuck and run it instead. He was good because he was an incredible athlete but had the football iq of a burrito. But won't lie by saying he wasn't fun to watch in '09. That was a fun year, I just can't put him in the all time greats after the gambling situation and performance in his last bowl game. He quit in that game and that alone made me sour towards him. But it is still a reasonable argument as to why he is on that list. The '09 team definitely got my interest in MT athletics.

Glad you like my gif! That was my favorite moment of that game.

Fair question regarding Dendy,but I know absolutely nothing about basketball to really weigh in on that. Dasher was great in '09 because of Franklin in my opinion. I've watched film of Dwight around 2010 and he would have wide open receivers but would tuck and run it instead. He was good because he was an incredible athlete but had the football iq of a burrito. But won't lie by saying he wasn't fun to watch in '09. That was a fun year, I just can't put him in the all time greats after the gambling situation and performance in his last bowl game. He quit in that game and that alone made me sour towards him. But it is still a reasonable argument as to why he is on that list. The '09 team definitely got my interest in MT athletics.

Glad you like my gif! That was my favorite moment of that game.

Fair enough. Like I said, I could go either way on the issue.

As for your comment about the IQ of a burrito, I happen to know for a fact that Dasher took a "coaching football" class in college. Part of the final exam was to write about 3 positions on the field and what were the basic functions of said position player.

Let's just say Dasher had to ask some of his teammates in the room what it was that they did...

Source: I was in the class.

Kerry Wright for me. Dude was on another level.

Tough choices, but had to go with Don Griffin. All American, OVC Defensive Player of Year. Played on the 1985 11-0 undefeated regular season team. Complete NFL career including Super Bowls with the 49ers. Super player!

Dasher should not be even considered. He's not in my top four as QB. He's fifth behind Kelly Holcomb, Teddy Morris, Wes Counts, and Marvin Collier.

Agree. Going back even farther, Ray Oldham in the late 60's/early 70's was a great defensive back who spent many years in the NFL.

Agreed, Clyde. Griffin it is!

only going by who I have seen
1. Dwone Hicks
2. Kendall Newson
3. Kevin Byard
4. Erik Walden
5. Kerry Wright
Honorable Mention
Tyrone Calico
Wes Counts
Benny Cunningham

I can only go by what I have seen(about 97 on). For me it's Hicks. I am still baffles he didn't have a better pro career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT