ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is the Candidate Most Opposed to Liberalism?

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Here's Roberto in Concord, California. I know it well. Great to have you on the program, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Rush. Can you hear me okay?

RushPhonesWeGo-Cruz2.jpg

RUSH: I do hear you, yes.

CALLER: Very good. I'm a first-time caller. I'm a little nervous, but let me struggle through my question here. Out of all the conservative candidates that we have, which do you think -- and I'm deliberately choosing my words this way. Which do you think is the most hostile and intolerant toward liberalism?

RUSH: Well, can I rephrase that? Because those words "hostile" and "intolerant" do not describe the person that I would answer that question about. I know what you mean. You really want to know who among other candidates is most anti-liberal, is the most opposed to liberalism as part of his existence, policy and everything else? And there's one clear answer. Put your hand up if you know who it is. Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is the answer to your question, Roberto. If you're looking for the Republican candidate who is the most steadfastly opposed to liberalism, whose agenda is oriented toward stopping it and thwarting it and defeating it, it is Ted Cruz.

If that's your criteria.

Now, if you want to ask, "Does that make him the most conservative?" That's another question. To a lot of people, that alone would make him the most and more conservative candidate of the bunch, too. The two probably do go together. But it doesn't mean he's the only one. There are some other candidates who are also anti-liberal in our field, both generally and issue to issue. But blanket, overall, I mean, an honest answer to your question would be Ted Cruz, pure and simple. Very clever of you, Roberto. I understand what you're doing out there, buddy. It's a very, very clever maneuver. You are a brilliant, brilliant caller out there. I know exactly what your game is, and I went ahead and played anyway. I answered your question right up front, top to bottom.

END TRANSCRIPT

Most Popular

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT