ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think the DC is gonna be?

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
It appears the announcement is imminent, so, what's your guy's guess?

I'm still sticking with Kaufman. It just makes sense.

Reactions: Hop45
Manny Diaz as associate head coach and defensive coordinator. Also with a head coach in waiting understanding that after Brent leaves Rick will retire.

We can dream right.

With the new name being thrown around (Mickey Matthews), you really have to start wondering if he's the guy. Would be totally OK with that hire.

With the new name being thrown around (Mickey Matthews), you really have to start wondering if he's the guy. Would be totally OK with that hire.

Well, since that name is brought up, the resume looks good, six years at Marshall as DC, some at UGA, JMU HC for a fairly long run and currently DC at Coastal Carolina. The thing that I wonder about is the interest in moving. The man is 63 or 64, not that there's anything wrong with that, but is he really going to move to another program at this point in his life?

Yea. He's up there in age for sure. Have to question his motivations at this point. Maybe he's just after the money? I don't know. Regardless, something I found interesting is that he's always had good defenses anywhere he's been regardless of his role with the team. I don't think there's any question he can coach. At this point, you just wonder the motivations and of course if he can be an effective recruiter at his age.

Phil Fulmer

Which by the way...didn't another school we know hire an ex football coach to be AD?

How did that work out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT