ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL What the 2018 recruiting class thinks of Kermits departure

I mean, can you blame them? 9 times out of 10 they connect with the coach and staff more than the school (at first), and especially at the level of a mid-major.

I would hate to lose any of them, but I have a feeling only 1 stays as well.

Last edited:
This is the first year that we were able to get some really solid commits...Hopefully these three will hold. Because of the way CKD stacked the team, losing a class at this point really hurts with all the guys we are losing.

We need to get a new coach soon. The longer these guys sit out there the more people start talking ti them.

everyone needs to be tweeting these guys and letting them know that we are still building something special here in Murfreesboro and can't wait to see them in Blue next year. They are all key pieces in helping our program take that next step to winning more NCAA tournament games.

These 3 truly can be the next trio of elite players that carry MT to many more magical NCAA tournament games and moments.

Usually a staff member is appointed with the task of keeping up with both signees and recruits. With Grensing's status in limbo I would suspect Hammonds II is the point man until a new HC is obtained.

As for recruiting; I see on VerbalCommits.com that Davis has already offered two JUCOs and a '19 high schooler who had been previously offered by MT. We really didn't have room for the JUCOs and perhaps they are only seen as "stop gap" players for Ole Miss but it is obvious the three would have been able to play at MT for them to be offered by Davis now.

Not sure why you guys are freaking so much. I feel confident Massaro will hire a coach that will keep these kids on board. I’m also confident that these recruits are a big selling point for a good coach

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
I do hope MT gets this hire done sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, take the time to get it right. It's issues like recruits that the old policy of having to wait a long time to hire someone that causes great concern.

Speaking of Massaro getting someone to keep these recruits, hopefully a high caliber recruiter is someone that Massaro is after in the first place. I would like the chances of keeping these young men if a top flight recruiter is brought aboard.

at what point do you realize no other school can contact these players. they are signed only way for that is for Massaro to sign a release.

Just like your not suppose to pay players $100,000 to come to your either but it happens. People know all they have to do is ask to be released and we will release them. Guarantee you there are people in their ears. I hope your not that naive.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Just like your not suppose to pay players $100,000 to come to your either but it happens. People know all they have to do is ask to be released and we will release them. Guarantee you there are people in their ears. I hope your not that naive.

Not naive at all, at this point you play hard ball and not bitch up. If you're going to play with the big boys and be a national brand, that's how you roll. Not just give a kid a release for no damn reason.

Not naive at all, at this point you play hard ball and not bitch up. If you're going to play with the big boys and be a national brand, that's how you roll. Not just give a kid a release for no damn reason.

It was CKD talking national brand and he left. Not so sure anyone at MT thinks this way.

Other schools are coming are them right now. If they want release, they will get it. Possibly with stipulations they don't go to another school in C-USA.

That being said, I would bet they stick with MT.

Other schools are coming are them right now. If they want release, they will get it. Possibly with stipulations they don't go to another school in C-USA.

That being said, I would bet they stick with MT.

Hope they stick but if they still want to abandon their commitment and letter of intent, restrictions should be conference usa and any future out of conference opponents, including ole miss.

Tell you this much...I would think with a new coach they have a much better oppty of playing time sooner than if CKD was here. Kermit doesn't play F unless they are special and even then he has the shortest rope of any coach I have ever seen.

I am hoping that the new staff can develop our young talent a bit sooner.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT