ADVERTISEMENT

Welp....

I called this mess a soap opera in my email to CM.

I really don't think that was an exaggeration at all.

I find the language in that tweet interesting. “Right now”.

I find the language in that tweet interesting. “Right now”.
Not sure how to read that. Maybe we said we aren't coming and WKU went to them and said how about just us and the MAC said no. Then maybe WKU got pissed at the MAC. Who the heck knows.

Hope it’s true. Many more dominos to fall. Lots of money on the table. We are a southern university. Let’s not play our hand early, walk away from millions, and lock ourselves into a northern conference with a GOR that prevents us from leaving. I still think the AAC/SBC are very realistic options, especially the SBC.

Bravo to Massaro for thinking this through. If the MAC really wants us, we can join in 2-3 years after we gobble up all the extra revenue from CUSA exit fees.

now let’s focus on our house. Move some dirt and win some dang ball games

And with Todd Hamilton's latest tweet, Conference USA 4.0 now becomes as good, if not better than the American Athletic Conference. LOL

Bad move I think.

I'm sure there's a scenario where we invest in our program, get rid of deadweight coaches, and rebuild the major revenue sports and make ourselves more attractive to the 'Belt or AAC, but that would require a group of leaders to do exactly the opposite of what they've been doing for 15+ years and make a ton of good decisions very quickly.

Anyone see that actually happening? Yeah, me neither.

Since winning is irrelevant, and Rick ain't going anywhere, they need to play as many money games as possible each year.

As long as Freeze is at Liberty and Helton is at WKU, we ain't got a shot in hell at playing for a title. Nothing new to look forward to. Just the same turd in the same toilet. I hate that WKU got attached to us. They deserve better than this, They are 5 times the program we are. Their stadium is way nicer than ours with a much better program. They've had 6 coaches since Stock has been here. They take risks and aren't afraid to pull the trigger when they have to. They are playing for a title and we have to hope we can beat ODU just to go somewhere and get our a$$es kicked. SMH.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
Relax fellas, Wiley is right. Middle does not belong in a northern conference because Middle is southern.

A classic joke from the late, great Lewis Grizzard:

“A man walks into a store and asks for an RC Cola and a MoonPie. The guy behind the counter says, ‘You must be from Alabama.’ The customer replies angrily, ‘Just because I ordered an RC Cola and a MoonPie, how come you think I must be from Alabama?’ He continues, ‘If I ordered spaghetti, would you think I was from Italy? If I ordered sausage, would you say I was from Poland?’ The man behind the counter says, ‘Well, I can’t say. It’s never happened.’ The customer asks, ‘Then how come when I come in here and order an RC Cola and a MoonPie, you just automatically assume I’m from Alabama?’ The man behind the counter calmly replies, ‘’Cause this is a hardware store.’”

Hope it’s true. Many more dominos to fall. Lots of money on the table. We are a southern university. Let’s not play our hand early, walk away from millions, and lock ourselves into a northern conference with a GOR that prevents us from leaving. I still think the AAC/SBC are very realistic options, especially the SBC.

Bravo to Massaro for thinking this through. If the MAC really wants us, we can join in 2-3 years after we gobble up all the extra revenue from CUSA exit fees.

now let’s focus on our house. Move some dirt and win some dang ball games
Massaro can go ride his bike into oncoming traffic or off a cliff again. Screw that guy. We better get every cent we are owed. It won't matter. The program won't use a single penny to do anything positive. Zero faith in that a$$ clown or the other a$$ clowns.

We ain't moving or building sh!t and that jackass has Stuckstill here til he's dead which means we'll get leap frogged again by Liberty and SHSU. I mean we already have. We will be right at the bottom. At least no one will see it happen unless they watch stadium or listen to Iraqi radio. I guess we can recruit great in New Mexico. Friggin idiots. Judy is gonna do better now. Maybe we'll have the BB tourney in a community gym in Mexico City. The ISIS cell phone network will cover it.

Last edited:
As long as Freeze is at Liberty and Helton is at WKU, we ain't got a shot in hell at playing for a title. Nothing new to look forward to. Just the same turd in the same toilet. I hate that WKU got attached to us. They deserve better than this, They are 5 times the program we are. Their stadium is way nicer than ours with a much better program. They've had 6 coaches since Stock has been here. They take risks and aren't afraid to pull the trigger when they have to. They are playing for a title and we have to hope we can beat ODU just to go somewhere and get our a$$es kicked. SMH.
I agree with what your saying however after WKU winning titles, bowls and changing coaches they are in the same boat as us. Both left out and hoping for a good landing spot.

It's too bad Stockstill won't get to prove he can not field the best team in a third conference...

If MT is in Cusa and collects its share of exit fees, they need to use that money to buy out Stockstill and Mcdevitt immediately. That's the only thing our clowns in charge could do to re-engage our fans.

Delusional huh. K
Yup.

Are we going to the SBC? Nope. Did we get asked? Nope. We pissed off a lot of folks when we left and a lot of them still remember. Also, Massaro isn't a forward thinker. He's not looking at anything except his own wallet and retirement. Also, the SBC is at 14 teams. They aren't going 16. Our only hope now is the AAC and I'll put down money right now that we'll get leap frogged again.

Yup.

Are we going to the SBC? Nope. Did we get asked? Nope. We pissed off a lot of folks when we left and a lot of them still remember. Also, Massaro isn't a forward thinker. He's not looking at anything except his own wallet and retirement. Also, the SBC is at 14 teams. They aren't going 16. Our only hope now is the AAC and I'll put down money right now that we'll get leap frogged again.

There's 1 way for AAC to happen. Facilities. Now. And if we stay, then either don't get the money or get it and spend it wrong, then we 100 % will be passed up again.

Like I put on Twitter. If CM doesn't have assurances from the AAC that we will replace Memphis IF we fix facilities and begin investment in the revenue sports, then he needs to take MAC.

Due diligence should be done by him. If he turns down MAC "hoping" or "thinking" or "feeling" we will be called up next, then we lost our chance.

Simple as that.

I agree with what your saying however after WKU winning titles, bowls and changing coaches they are in the same boat as us. Both left out and hoping for a good landing spot.
Right... which is criminal. That's what I said. The MAC not grabbing them was stupid on their part. WKU would have made the MAC better right out the gate.

I'd still much rather be them than us when it comes to programs.

There's 1 way for AAC to happen. Facilities. Now. And if we stay, then either don't get the money or get it and spend it wrong, then we 100 % will be passed up again.

Like I put on Twitter. If CM doesn't have assurances from the AAC that we will replace Memphis IF we fix facilities and begin investment in the revenue sports, then he needs to take MAC.

Due diligence should be done by him. If he turns down MAC "hoping" or "thinking" or "feeling" we will be called up next, then we lost our chance.

Simple as that.
I'll lay down some cash right now that we won't even break ground on anything in the next 2 years. Maybe even 3. I absolutely have zero faith in Massaro. This move to stay will not be what people think it's going to be. It's the SAME leadership doing the exact SAME crap. This is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

I think Memphis will get pulled to the B12 as soon as OU/TX leave.

That's a spot that has our name on it - but our program is in the gutter. It's not just facilities that kept us out or will keep us out.

I feel like a lot of folks just think all we're lacking is an IPF. But to be frank, I don't see that making a difference. That's simply a new coat of paint on a house that's on fire. A new IPF isn't going to increase attendance. It could help recruiting, but that would require a staff put forth effort in recruiting, and LMAO that ain't happening. It's not going to help bring in $$$'s and lead to major increase in budget. It's not going help the dead in the water basketball program. It's not going to lead to more excitement among the alums or in the Middle Tennessee region.

As soon as this is all done, there needs to be a Massaro tweet that says something like "We're excited about the new CUSA.....in fact, we're so excited, we're breaking ground on new facilites on Monday. Also, we want to announce that RS is retiring effective the day after the last game....thanks for all your efforts, here's a blue rolex! Stay tuned as we have some exciting announcements coming in the next few months!"

Please prove this statement. You're just throwing shit out hoping it sticks.
So are you.

Call up Arky st. Troy and ULL and ask them if they would vote us back in. NONE of the former SBC teams got a call from the SBC in this last shakeup. They aren't doing retreads. When we left in 2012, we announced in December and was gone the following July. That pissed all of the athletic depts and presidents off. We also retained our entire leadership that made that move. Unless every one of those presidents left, they are blackballing us and WKU for the foreseeable future. AKA a long ass time. We would have to replace our president and athletic director as well which ain't happening. You think this move to do nothing was done to help us? It was done to ensure that the current staff is there forever. They didn't deny us a bowl game in 2012 because they liked us. We got 9 teams jumping and Judy won't deny any of them a postseason.

What's the upside for the SBC to want us back? I'll wait.

No change on either side = no invite. Keep your hopes up. It's good that you have hope. I have none. It's gone. This last blunder took all that I had left.

Last edited:
I think Memphis will get pulled to the B12 as soon as OU/TX leave.

That's a spot that has our name on it - but our program is in the gutter. It's not just facilities that kept us out or will keep us out.

I feel like a lot of folks just think all we're lacking is an IPF. But to be frank, I don't see that making a difference. That's simply a new coat of paint on a house that's on fire. A new IPF isn't going to increase attendance. It could help recruiting, but that would require a staff put forth effort in recruiting, and LMAO that ain't happening. It's not going to help bring in $$$'s and lead to major increase in budget. It's not going help the dead in the water basketball program. It's not going to lead to more excitement among the alums or in the Middle Tennessee region.

As soon as this is all done, there needs to be a Massaro tweet that says something like "We're excited about the new CUSA.....in fact, we're so excited, we're breaking ground on new facilites on Monday. Also, we want to announce that RS is retiring effective the day after the last game....thanks for all your efforts, here's a blue rolex! Stay tuned as we have some exciting announcements coming in the next few months!"
Since 2005, when has mASSaro done anything he should have done? I guarantee that we only go down from here. Stock would have to retire on his own. Why would he do that? He's getting free money to suck. Even if he retires, who do we hire? mASSaro and 7 wood will bring in UNC Ashville's bowling coach.

I just don’t see much movement towards the AAC/SBC. Plus, the American might not even be much of an upgrade with all the moves done - heck, a lot of the conference will be the same CUSA teams we already play.

I just don’t see much movement towards the AAC/SBC. Plus, the American might not even be much of an upgrade with all the moves done - heck, a lot of the conference will be the same CUSA teams we already play.
I agree with this. Everyone is talking like we need to make another move in a few years, but who knows what things will look like then. The SBC was in this situation at one point and they built up by adding quality FCS teams. Unfortunately they are taking the top FCS team remotely close to us in JMU, but there are other quality programs waiting. It is only a matter of time before the "power" conferences split anyway and things will look a lot different. I can see a situation where the remaining "G5" conferences have their own playoff. It wouldn't shock me if current FCS conferences like the Missouri Valley, WAC/ASUN, etc. participate. I am not saying I want this to happen. I just think it is what will happen.

So are you.

Call up Arky st. Troy and ULL and ask them if they would vote us back in. NONE of the former SBC teams got a call from the SBC in this last shakeup. They aren't doing retreads. When we left in 2012, we announced in December and was gone the following July. That pissed all of the athletic depts and presidents off. We also retained our entire leadership that made that move. Unless every one of those presidents left, they are blackballing us and WKU for the foreseeable future. AKA a long ass time. We would have to replace our president and athletic director as well which ain't happening. You think this move to do nothing was done to help us? It was done to ensure that the current staff is there forever. They didn't deny us a bowl game in 2012 because they liked us. We got 9 teams jumping and Judy won't deny any of them a postseason.

What's the upside for the SBC to want us back? I'll wait.

No change on either side = no invite. Keep your hopes up. It's good that you have hope. I have none. It's gone. This last blunder took all that I had left.
You do you bro.

I’m usually the pessimistic one (aka I’m a realist who doesn’t wear blue blinders which I’ve learned irritates people) but this is the first sign of life I’ve seen in our athletic dept in years.

Reactions: crposton
I wouldn’t close the door on the SBC at all. Sure, there are some “feelings” there on both sides, but business is business, and CFB is all about business. If it makes cents with sense, then anything is possible. I seem to remember seeing something about Massaro being one of the vocal leaders of the prior Belt/CUSA merger talks, so maybe some of those relationships aren’t as eroded as we think.

All that said, AAC is and has always been the preferred plan/path. Massaro said as much when MT first joined CUSA, he then got busted a year later sending the AAC feeler emails declaring MT’s interest publicly.

For the MAC alignment to fall through tells me a few possible things:

1) MT got the assurances they needed regarding the exit fee allocation from CUSA.

2) MT couldn’t comes to terms on the GOR commitment and subsequent exit fees. A MAC move would essentially be permanent. And the path the AAC or even Sunbelt could reopen again soon, so why jump for the sake of jumping, especially if CUSA is surviving and you’re getting the aforementioned money? If you’re comfortable with the options ahead, I guess it’s a risk worth taking.

Reactions: MTLynn
You do you bro.

I’m usually the pessimistic one (aka I’m a realist who doesn’t wear blue blinders which I’ve learned irritates people) but this is the first sign of life I’ve seen in our athletic dept in years.
Fair enough. The only reason you are seeing any life because they had to do something which now is really nothing. They had to do nothing which is my entire point. They won't do anything now even with the money because they really don't have to.

A nice pole barn for a great looking IPF might cost 750k if you went crazy and got it HVAC'd out. I got a 10,000 sq ft one buit with nice amenities for under 100k. They could have built that over the existing practice field years ago. Making moves aren't hard or that costly if you know what you're doing and are willing to work. Hell, reach out to the main materials supplier or builder and put their name on the facility to get the costs down. That requires them to do something.

Sneaky big deal in all of this.

CUSA wants McNeese badly.
The "WAC" - ??

The conference with Chicago State and Texas Rio Grand Valley and Seattle? That makes sense. NOT.

Bad enough that they would allow the only for-profit school in the NCAA into their "conference." The school that the last Borat movie actually made fun of. The school that hired Bryce Drew after he lost 20 games in a row with several future NBA players on his roster. How bad is that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT