ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Week one Conference USA Spreads

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
There is not one for the TT game at this point.

JSU -3.5 v Coastal Carolina

FIU +19.5 AT Indiana

UTEP + 28 AT Nebraska

KSU + 22.5 AT UTSA

WKU + 31 AT Alabama

Rice -12 v SHSU

Last edited:
That Jax St vs Coastal game is probably the best from a competitive standpoint. Also think SHSU can pull one out against Rice; the others are not likely.

That Jax St vs Coastal game is probably the best from a competitive standpoint. Also think SHSU can pull one out against Rice; the others are not likely.
Yeah I give me SHSU and 12 points all day long. I could easily see them winning that outright.

MT over/under for win total this year is 4.5

Liberty at the top at 10.5

MT over/under for win total this year is 4.5

Liberty at the top at 10.5
That sounds about right for the over/under. I would take the over but we’re likely starting 1-4 so the question is really do we lose 4 more games. Liberty is pretty much a guaranteed loss. That doesn’t leave much room for error.

I'll take the over on that. But I still think 6 wins is the cap this year. Very little room for error to go bowling.

We really need to be 2-3 coming back from Memphis. What that 2nd win will be, I have no clue. Could see us upsetting WKU, or Duke who is also in reset mode. Memphis will be tough as they have a legit chance at winning the AAC this year.

That sounds about right for the over/under. I would take the over but we’re likely starting 1-4 so the question is really do we lose 4 more games. Liberty is pretty much a guaranteed loss. That doesn’t leave much room for error.
they played liberty close last year with a horrible line and horrible coach, I don't see that many loses especially against WKU and Liberty. they. would possibly be 3-2 after the 1st five. Memphis and Ole.Miss will be the toughest games.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
they played liberty close last year with a horrible line and horrible coach, I don't see that many loses especially against WKU and Liberty. they. would possibly be 3-2 after the 1st five. Memphis and Ole.Miss will be the toughest games.
They could win, I just don’t think it’s more than 50% that they do. I think every game outside of Ole Miss we have a shot in. I think 5-7 or 6-6 is most likely so I’d take the over.

I've got us at 4 wins personally. Maybe 5 if we get an upset in there and finish with wins with NMSU and @ FIU. Probably roll into FIU with 4 wins and that will be the swing game that determines it.

It's pretty hard predicting G5 conferences these days because there is an unspeakable amount of turn over every year thanks to the god forsaken transfer portal. It has essentially ruined any continuity at the G5 level which again makes it close to impossible to predict anything.

Liberty seems to be returning some key players (They can actually pay them somewhat). Good for them. They did lose their hot shot coach and staff so we'll though see though.

Liberty seems to be returning some key players (They can actually pay them somewhat). Good for them. They did lose their hot shot coach and staff so we'll though see though.
What coach did they lose? Chadwell is still there. OC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT