ADVERTISEMENT

We were out, then we were in. Players need to respond...

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
I really hope our players take this second chance to play to really prepare and go kick some @$$. That's quite the story about them all saying goodbye to each other and thinking the season is over, and then not even an hour later being told the show will go on.

I want to see a Blue Raider team and coaching staff come out with some fire, energy, and playing-to-win on December 16th. There's no reason not to. Let's forget all the stupid $hit in the past and turn a new page and start playing more aggressive. Let's have a transformation re-birth.

From Shane Tucker, per DNJ:

"When I got the news that we were in, man, it was a burst of light. It was a great feeling just to know we got one more opportunity to prove we're a good football team. I'm just ready to show everybody what we got."

We'll be the only game on TV. On ESPN. Playing a very respectable and talented team. There will be great story lines from Buster's and Cauthen's previous stints at MT, and Blake Anderson being a former Coordinator, etc. Our story about how we were the last team in, and how the news was broke will be discussed. I guarantee the announcers will talk about how MT thinks they're better than 6-6, how we beat Syracuse, how we were 4-2 with Brent. There's going to be a lot of hype for this team. Please, go out there and beat their brains in so it's not all in vain. Let's win this game and finish off 2017 strong, sign a great recruiting class this December, and go win CUSA in 2018.

Despite a disappointing 2017, we have a great opportunity to finish strong and carry that momentum into 2018. For once, let's capitalize on a great opportunity.

Last edited:
I really hope our players take this second chance to play to really prepare and go kick some @$$. That's quite the story about them all saying goodbye to each other and thinking the season is over, and then not even an hour later being told the show will go on.

I want to see a Blue Raider team and coaching staff come out with some fire, energy, and playing-to-win on December 16th. There's no reason not to. Let's forget all the stupid $hit in the past and turn a new page and start playing more aggressive. Let's have a transformation re-birth.

From Shane Tucker, per DNJ:

"When I got the news that we were in, man, it was a burst of light. It was a great feeling just to know we got one more opportunity to prove we're a good football team. I'm just ready to show everybody what we got."

We'll be the only game on TV. On ESPN. Playing a very respectable and talented team. There will be great story lines from Buster's and Cauthen's previous stints at MT, and Blake Anderson being a former Coordinator, etc. Our story about how we were the last team in, and how the news was broke will be discussed. I guarantee the announcers will talk about how MT thinks they're better than 6-6, how we beat Syracuse, how we were 4-2 with Brent. There's going to be a lot of hype for this team. Please, go out there and beat their brains in so it's not all in vain. Let's win this game and finish off 2017 strong, sign a great recruiting class this December, and go win CUSA in 2018.

Despite a disappointing 2017, we have a great opportunity to finish strong and carry that momentum into 2018. For once, let's capitalize on a great opportunity.

Very good post and an accurate description of the game and what it possibly means for next season.

I’ve waited 8 years since the ‘09 NOLA Bowl for Stock to give me hope that he will ever win a conference title. Not trying to rain on everyone’s parade but this is rinse and repeat of the last several years. I’m glad for the Seniors to get a trip and for those of you who are excited about going to Mobile but I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid anymore. He’ll get a bonus for a .500 season win or lose in Mobile. I will not support that.

ESPN will not be talking about either of these teams. It's their opportunity to promote the big P5 bowl matchups. Our game will be in the background.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Bitch, moan, groan. Buck up it’s ass kicking season and arky state just got moved to the front of the line! Lil stock is going to drop 600 yards on their ass while I pound margaritas in front of my 50” flat. Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

I understand, and partially agree, with the complaints, but I could care less what ESPN talks about. Judging from their ratings, not many others care either. I'll be in Montgomery, freezing my tail off.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I understand, and partially agree, with the complaints, but I could care less what ESPN talks about. Judging from their ratings, not many others care either. I'll be in Montgomery, freezing my tail off.

Mostly Sunny/Clear
60°/44°
10% precip
S 5 mph
66% humidity

Reactions: MT Glenn
The team did what they had to do. I know we didn't reach our main goal of winning a CUSA title but this team never quit and did end the year on a good note. Great job beating Ark St. in a bowl game that everyone picked against them in. Let's carry this momentum into the off-season and go win a championship in 2018.

I'll be buying season tickets for 2018 (even though I live in Ohio and will likely never make a game). I would encourage others to do the same. I really feel like 2018 is going to be a special year.

Think about this. We played a Hawaii team last year that was not nearly as good as this Akry St. team was. We were favored against Hawaii and we dropped a turd and then they embarrassed us.

Saturday night, i was in the stands and it looked like we were a completely improved team. If you watch last year's bowl and then this year's bowl, there has been a big difference in terms of defense and offense even though we had a lot of miscues. We still played much better than we did a year ago and against a better team too.

We'll see if we keep Shafer. If we do, we may get some war daddies on D. He is a good judge of talent.

Think about this. We played a Hawaii team last year that was not nearly as good as this Akry St. team was. We were favored against Hawaii and we dropped a turd and then they embarrassed us.

Saturday night, i was in the stands and it looked like we were a completely improved team. If you watch last year's bowl and then this year's bowl, there has been a big difference in terms of defense and offense even though we had a lot of miscues. We still played much better than we did a year ago and against a better team too.

We'll see if we keep Shafer. If we do, we may get some war daddies on D. He is a good judge of talent.

Need Shafer to stay another year...after that, his protege can take over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT