ADVERTISEMENT

We give you a table scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger_Pride76

True Blue
Jan 23, 2012
To help you out in since you are 3-5. Enjoy our present to you he is a nice DT but we have bigger fish to recruit.

Shut the **** up troll! We are still in the running for the god damned Pizza Bowl in Detroit! So stick that up your pie hole! Yes I know, not the good pizza bowl with Papa Johns but the cheap Little Ceasars bowl.

Speaking of defensive tackles I wish we could keep recruiting bug offensive linemen and move Deandre Ford to defensive tackle. That would be great

Reactions: TeKEraider
So who's gonna replace Fuente because after you guys go undefeated, he's gone. He's on the radar of every P5 vacancy right now. Fred Smith has money but is he spending 16-20 million on him? What he's done at Memphis is amazing and all but if he stays, no way would he have the same year he's having and the stock will drop. The QB is a senior right? So he's gone. Gotta replace him. No way he stays.

His agent and other people around him has to be telling him that the next move is the retirement plan.

Glad we got the DT but we need to fire west so that may be a moot point.

Just for reference the two seasons before he got here in rushing we allowed 188 /199 per game and 4.6 /4.3 yds per carry. This year we are allowing 142 per game and 4.0 per carry. Sacks the two years before he got here were 14 /27. We are already at 16 for this year which would puts on pace for 24. However, considering we are heading into a much easier portion of the schedule I could see all of those improving. I am not saying the guy is walking on water but he is not the problem our message board warriors make him out to be. Also if you went to the signing day event last year you heard the other coaches talking about how good he was at recruiting. Geep talked about having to practically drag kids away from him. This whole stuff about TW wreaks of the Bibee stories from last year or the stories of CM and PSM not attempting to get in CUSA. Almost immediately after the boards blew up with those stories they were proven false. Someone posted recently that TW doesn't recruit but clearly the story here shows that is not the case.

Last edited:
We must be watching different defenses because that's the same D line that let Vandy run straight through us on our own field and made an injured LaTech RB in Dixon look like Derek Henry. Sorry, I think Geep Wade needs to go too. Since he's been here, our O-Line has just gotten worse and worse. Ellis can jump in the U haul too while we're at it.

3-5 tells the story better than I can. If we win out, I'll cut em some slack but this team has been a major letdown this year for me. I don't think I'm alone in this way of thinking.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
So who's gonna replace Fuente because after you guys go undefeated, he's gone. He's on the radar of every P5 vacancy right now. Fred Smith has money but is he spending 16-20 million on him? What he's done at Memphis is amazing and all but if he stays, no way would he have the same year he's having and the stock will drop. The QB is a senior right? So he's gone. Gotta replace him. No way he stays.

His agent and other people around him has to be telling him that the next move is the retirement plan.

Lane Kiffin is purportedly waiting in the wings if Fuente moves on but I don't think the decision makers want to have any more dealings with Sexton. As for TW and his recruiting, I heard it straight from three former Memphis assistants' mouths that West refuse to make in-home visits after they begged him. And I personally saw the remnants of the Memphis recruiting board after West and Co. had cleaned out their offices. Maybe Tommy has changed since he's back scrapping at the position coach level making 1/10th of his old Memphis salary. I guess anything is possible....even 7-5? We'll see.

You're certainly not alone in your anger and disappointment. I am right there with you. I think our anger and disappointment is what allows us to latch on to message board fodder that has no basis in fact. This reminds me so much of the "we didn't try to get in CUSA". One or two posters plant the seeds and before you know it everyone believes it. I think everybody is looking to place blame so just about anybody can throw out a target and we grab the pitch forks. Just like we did about CUSA. The anger takes over.

The numbers I posted are real. I think we have played much better competition vs last year. I think there is pretty decent improvement in line play.

Also we don't run more screen passes and our coaches recruit. We have problems. Problem is so many of the ones discussed here are in our minds.

Reactions: BlueRaider95

Lynch is a junior. Also we will have to find out what Fuente truly wants after the season. He isn't going to take just any P5 job. He has put in a lot of work at Memphis and he get advise from Gary Patterson and Mack Brown all the time. Patterson was always rumored to be going to a P5 job at TCU but stayed and built TCU to the power it is now. Memphis has a new administration that is invested in football and already has new state of the art facilities about to break ground. Memphis boosters have let it be known it will not be a money issue if Fuente leaves. He will sit down at the end of the year and talk contract but most feel he isn't leaving this year.

Lynch is a junior. Also we will have to find out what Fuente truly wants after the season. He isn't going to take just any P5 job. He has put in a lot of work at Memphis and he get advise from Gary Patterson and Mack Brown all the time. Patterson was always rumored to be going to a P5 job at TCU but stayed and built TCU to the power it is now. Memphis has a new administration that is invested in football and already has new state of the art facilities about to break ground. Memphis boosters have let it be known it will not be a money issue if Fuente leaves. He will sit down at the end of the year and talk contract but most feel he isn't leaving this year.

You believe in the Easter Bunny too?

If Fuente leaves, I think Memphis goes and gets Barry Odom at Missouri. He and Fuente helped build this program up and he knows the formula what to keep doing to be successful. He gave us a top 25 defense last year.

If Fuente leaves, I think Memphis goes and gets Barry Odom at Missouri. He and Fuente helped build this program up and he knows the formula what to keep doing to be successful. He gave us a top 25 defense last year.
How about you guys getting an established coaching staff that has worked together for a few years? That would be the best way to go for you all.

Fuente is gone. If you can get the Missouri dude then awesome.

I wouldn't say Memphis is in better shape to keep a coach than us. Our dumb AD locked up ours for 8 years. Try doing that. LOL.

No way in hell will Lane Kiffin go to Memphis. Besides, why would anyone want that dude anyway. He couldn't win at USC.

And Tek, West is a terrible coach. Our D line is not that good and we are 3-5 when we should be 5-3. Stats don't get wins. Gameplan and coaching gets wins and we have neither right now.

How about you guys getting an established coaching staff that has worked together for a few years? That would be the best way to go for you all.
Odom was our DC since Fuente has been hired. He is the DC at Missouri because he played there. He would come back if it was a HC position.

I wouldn't say Memphis is in better shape to keep a coach than us. Our dumb AD locked up ours for 8 years. Try doing that. LOL.

No way in hell will Lane Kiffin go to Memphis. Besides, why would anyone want that dude anyway. He couldn't win at USC.

And Tek, West is a terrible coach. Our D line is not that good and we are 3-5 when we should be 5-3. Stats don't get wins. Gameplan and coaching gets wins and we have neither right now.
You are going to look silly if he doesn't leave. He leaves if only a good Big 12 job opens. That is where the threat is

Odom was our DC since Fuente has been hired. He is the DC at Missouri because he played there. He would come back if it was a HC position.

No, I actually think what you guys should do is hire the entire coaching staff of another school, from the head coach, coordinators, alot of the assistants, and hell maybe you could even grab their school president and AD too. Keep the band together. That way you guys could keep the cohesion and familiarity they all have.

Stats don't win games but neither does one position. Nor does one position lose a game. Especially a position that has significantly improved. Our offense implodes in big games and hangs our D out to dry. The D gave up 17 points to VU and Illinois so you're right we should be 5-3.

Tek, It's not all one position. I'm a fire em all guy right now. I say Buster, Wade, Nix, Ellis, West. Bag em all. They all are sucking right now. The coaching and scheme defensively is a train wreck, You line up LB's 5-7 yards off the LOS when it's clearly a run play. When the ball is snapped, the LB's don't even approach until the RB has cleared the first level. Then the tackling is weak as hell. Sheesh. I remember when they taught real tackling. None of the arm tackling stuff. You lock up and either drive em back or get down to the ground with leverage and end the play. The DL is lined up wrong half the time. When we play a WKU or LaTech. I don't see the line getting through that often. Doughty had all year to throw. Don't even get me started about the secondary. You are backing off of the receivers by at least 6-7 yards and then after the game, the coaches say they're out of position and it's their fault? Why in the world would you not bring them up and engage earlier instead of after the snap. Come on.

I believe this great recruit is coming when he signs the LOI on signing day and not before.

It's all a mess in my mind and I defended Stock even when you didn't Tek. I just can't defend him anymore. He's done what he could do and we'll suffer every year until he and his henchmen are gone. I'm an MT fan. If we somehow won out, I'd cut em all some slack but this team has yet to prove to me that they can compete. It's a hot mess. The only stats I care about now is that we are 3-5 and 0-4 on the road. How are we winning out when we can't even win a road game? Yikes. Terrible.

You Memphis dudes kill me. Why the hell did your DC leave if Memphis was so great? Why would he come back? So he can fail? He's never been an HC before. Besides, he just lost to Vandy. I don't think his stock is gonna be that good and he might get canned by December anyway. He wouldn't be the HC and won't. I'm sure I'll look silly if Fuente stays but he won't. Memphis is not P5. They never will be. Not on this side of hell. His stock will never be higher. Of course you guys are gonna say you're loaded for bear and there's more where that came from and you'll be reloading and blah blah blah but when you ain't typing here, you're scared sh!tless that you're coach is gone. You know he is. December is gonna be scary for you guys. That will be fun to watch.

I know they make a lot meth in Memphis and the drugs are good down there but y'all need to enjoy these last 2 years and put the pipe down because dude is gone. BTW, why the hell are Memphis people on here anyway? Your team is having the best season ever and your coming on this board talking crap? Shouldn't you guys be planning your national championship memorial statue down by the hood instead of trolling a team's board you don't even play anymore. Dang, your lives must really suck. 5-2 and 2-1 against your Fuente baby. That's all I got to say. Take care and thanks for playing. Winning won't ever remove that Memphis smell. I step on the gas pedal every time I drive through that craphole.

Tek, It's not all one position. I'm a fire em all guy right now. I say Buster, Wade, Nix, Ellis, West. Bag em all. They all are sucking right now. The coaching and scheme defensively is a train wreck, You line up LB's 5-7 yards off the LOS when it's clearly a run play. When the ball is snapped, the LB's don't even approach until the RB has cleared the first level. Then the tackling is weak as hell. Sheesh. I remember when they taught real tackling. None of the arm tackling stuff. You lock up and either drive em back or get down to the ground with leverage and end the play. The DL is lined up wrong half the time. When we play a WKU or LaTech. I don't see the line getting through that often. Doughty had all year to throw. Don't even get me started about the secondary. You are backing off of the receivers by at least 6-7 yards and then after the game, the coaches say they're out of position and it's their fault? Why in the world would you not bring them up and engage earlier instead of after the snap. Come on.

I believe this great recruit is coming when he signs the LOI on signing day and not before.

It's all a mess in my mind and I defended Stock even when you didn't Tek. I just can't defend him anymore. He's done what he could do and we'll suffer every year until he and his henchmen are gone. I'm an MT fan. If we somehow won out, I'd cut em all some slack but this team has yet to prove to me that they can compete. It's a hot mess. The only stats I care about now is that we are 3-5 and 0-4 on the road. How are we winning out when we can't even win a road game? Yikes. Terrible.

You Memphis dudes kill me. Why the hell did your DC leave if Memphis was so great? Why would he come back? So he can fail? He's never been an HC before. Besides, he just lost to Vandy. I don't think his stock is gonna be that good and he might get canned by December anyway. He wouldn't be the HC and won't. I'm sure I'll look silly if Fuente stays but he won't. Memphis is not P5. They never will be. Not on this side of hell. His stock will never be higher. Of course you guys are gonna say you're loaded for bear and there's more where that came from and you'll be reloading and blah blah blah but when you ain't typing here, you're scared sh!tless that you're coach is gone. You know he is. December is gonna be scary for you guys. That will be fun to watch.

I know they make a lot meth in Memphis and the drugs are good down there but y'all need to enjoy these last 2 years and put the pipe down because dude is gone. BTW, why the hell are Memphis people on here anyway? Your team is having the best season ever and your coming on this board talking crap? Shouldn't you guys be planning your national championship memorial statue down by the hood instead of trolling a team's board you don't even play anymore. Dang, your lives must really suck. 5-2 and 2-1 against your Fuente baby. That's all I got to say. Take care and thanks for playing. Winning won't ever remove that Memphis smell. I step on the gas pedal every time I drive through that craphole.
Middle has wet dreams and hopes they could do what Memphis has done in just 2 seasons.

DC is a former Missouri player and was offered a chance to coach there. Why wouldn't you take that same position job. He would come as a HC. Missouri's defense is good. Their offense is crap.

Can you post your address or phone so I can see the miserable person behind the crappy moniker? I want to see if you look like what I think you do...Subway Jared. Because it takes a miserable person with a low lot in life to be this dumb.

Middle has wet dreams and hopes they could do what Memphis has done in just 2 seasons.

DC is a former Missouri player and was offered a chance to coach there. Why wouldn't you take that same position job. He would come as a HC. Missouri's defense is good. Their offense is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT