ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas betting on MT

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
91% of the money on Marshall but the line has moved from +3 to +2. Typically, MT would get more points here but Vegas is trying to sucker people into betting Marshall.

There is a common misconception that Vegas is always trying to balance the $$$ on both sides with the spread, but that couldn't be further from the truth. They gamble all the time.

They're also gambling on the ODU vs. WKU game tonight. ODU was +10, but is now +8 despite 81% of the $$ being on WKU.

This is typically a very good sign for the team Vegas likes. I'm all over MT and ODU tonight.

Hey Wiley, just curious. What's your win % on bets like these? I'm new to the betting thing but I agree with you as you made some good points. Do you have a total win % on these types of games?

Hey Wiley, just curious. What's your win % on bets like these? I'm new to the betting thing but I agree with you as you made some good points. Do you have a total win % on these types of games?

It really varies. It's very hot & cold. I won 22 in a row one time just following in Vegas in baseball. I don't keep track but if I had to guess I'd say they win 65-70% of the time, but there can be some really cold streaks (especially towards the end of the year).

There's usually only 5-6 games per week though once conference play starts where Vegas moves the line the opposite way of the money. At the beginning of the year when there's a lot of OOC play there can be 12+

They typically lose weeks 1-3 with these bets because they just don't seem to know the teams as well as the gamblers, but once the teams have some games under their belt, Vegas starts really trapping people. Weeks 4 through probably 10 really clean up if you're following Vegas. They also do this a lot with the Overs/Unders but I don't follow those as much in football unless it's a huge swing that isn't related to weather.

Also it's good during bowl season. Probably the best during bowl season TBH. Reverse line movement against the money probably went 75% last year during bowl season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT