ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond the Blue Spotlight

AustinLewis

Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
MT athletic department is launching a new campaign to spotlight some of the student-athletes for NIL opportunities. Here's the one on Eli Lawrence.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the MT community needs to step up the game with NIL opportunities for student-athletes. Need a co-op too. I'm told there's a reason Jaylin Lane left MT but Austin Reed stayed at WKU.

If MT is going to contend for conference championships, players, coaches, fans, and community need to pull together on NIL, co-op, and the Build Blue campaign.

If you're interested in partnering with MT, check out Blue Raider exchange (GoBlueRaiders.com/exchange).

Jaylin lane was given $100,000 to go to VT. No huge in the grand scheme of things but definitely more than we could afford for one player.

Reactions: ewglenn
10000% agree this area needs improvement. The Exchange is just currently for businesses though from what I understand. Correct? Desperately need a way for individual donors ro contribute.

10000% agree this area needs improvement. The Exchange is just currently for businesses though from what I understand. Correct? Desperately need a way for individual donors ro contribute.
I think the Exchange is designed specifically for businesses, but there may be a way individuals could contribute. Email Lee about that.

An individual focused campaign (co-op) is in place at Liberty (if I'm not mistaken).

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I think the Exchange is designed specifically for businesses, but there may be a way individuals could contribute. Email Lee about that.

An individual focused campaign (co-op) is in place at Liberty (if I'm not mistaken).

USC and WVU have monthly plans with varying rewards such as signed jerseys, events, etc.

To me, something along those lines is what we need. Maybe a bonus for being a BRAA member and a Blue Raider Trust member both. Think outside the box which is one thing @ldeleon5 is fantastic with.

Edit...of course can't be school run but they do work together. Many coaches even do promos foe the trusts and Wren Baker has specifically pushed for MAC (boosters) to support CRT since he arrived at WVU. So Lee absolutely can work with them.

Jaylin lane was given $100,000 to go to VT. No huge in the grand scheme of things but definitely more than we could afford for one player.
That's a fair. And good point.

But not using that as an excuse not to use NIL or creating a cooperative is putting MT further behind the 8 ball (not saying you are, but addressing the overall point re: MT, NIL, and the need to get serious about NIL).

NIL isn't going away. Local businesses need to step up their game (I'm talking to you auto-dealerships).

Hey guys! Individuals CAN use the Blue Raider Exchange and interact directly with our student-athletes regarding NIL deals, as you can see at this link.

We don't have a collective, nor do we have demand for one right now. If anyone wants to support student-athletes directly (without any kind of business interest), they can also donate to the "Student-Athlete Impact Fund" through the BRAA. Click here to do that.

@MidTennMtneer - Wren is a good friend of mine & we spoke for about 20 minutes last week. Love that guy!

Hey guys! Individuals CAN use the Blue Raider Exchange and interact directly with our student-athletes regarding NIL deals, as you can see at this link.

We don't have a collective, nor do we have demand for one right now. If anyone wants to support student-athletes directly (without any kind of business interest), they can also donate to the "Student-Athlete Impact Fund" through the BRAA. Click here to do that.

@MidTennMtneer - Wren is a good friend of mine & we spoke for about 20 minutes last week. Love that guy!
Thanks for jumping in to show the fans how they can help MT athletics.
  • Register for the Exchange.
  • Donate to the Student-Athlete fund.
  • Donate to Build Blue Now Campaign
Only a couple of ways MT fans can help out right now!

Last edited:
Thanks for jumping in to show the fans how they can help MT athletics.
  • Register for the Exchange.
  • Donate to the Student-Athlete fund.
  • Donate to Build Blue Now Campaign
Only a couple of ways MT fans can help out right now!
This is sad, even some FCS have NIL and COA.

Thanks for jumping in to show the fans how they can donate to the Exchange.

We DO have NIL and COA. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. We just don't have a collective right now. Several of our athletes have NIL deals. We're trying to get them more! That's why we stared this "Beyond the Blue" video series.

We DO have NIL and COA. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. We just don't have a collective right now. Several of our athletes have NIL deals. We're trying to get them more! That's why we stared this "Beyond the Blue" video series.

Not to mention the merchandise NIL shop that is open several times throughout the year.

Reactions: ldeleon5
This area has enough business to have a collective started and maintained at a high level, just have to have a product and athletes with personality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT