ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL @ Vanderbilt,

I’ve been saying that I think Landon Powell would be a great coach. Look at that team’s energy…

They won the 2022 Division III National Championship. Since Powell is from North Carolina and coaches at a school in North Carolina, it's a match made in heaven for Massaro.

My first call is to the head coach at Campbell. Probably can’t get him but we should try. He’s probably going to end up at a power school or maybe he wants to ride it out at Campbell for life. Perhaps if we were going to AAC there would be more interest.

Anyway he’s my first call. Won’t be a popular position but my second would be Mike Baxter at Vanderbilt. Former big leaguer. He’s the guy doing the preponderance of recruiting there. And we know they talent in droves. I know recruiting is different here but the ability evaluate talent and recruit has to be a priority. We simply need better Jimmys and Joes.

Would love to have Assoc head coach at Coastal Carolina (Schnall). But he’s apparently waiting it out as head coach in waiting there.

So my third call would be ECU assistant Jeff Palumbo. Great recruier for a somewhat similar program that’s been one of the best non power conference clubs year after year. They haven’t had a losing season in 27 years and have won 40 or more games six out of the nine seasons he’s been there. Actually he might be my second call.

We’re going to have to pay more. Or I guess we can decide we don’t really want to be competitive, which is probably the case since it’s the case everywhere else in our athletic department. The head coach of coastal makes over $400,000.

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT