ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
the next game is always the most important. UTEP has actually been playing good ball the last several weeks. They have played a lot of close games including a 3 point nail biter to north Texas. Tonight they went to Rice and won so they are going to have all the confidence in the world when we come to town. I swear if we don’t give them our best shot we will lose. Forget the Kentucky game. We gotta give everything we have for UTEP and if we can hopefully be successful there, it sets up for an absolute war with UAB. If FIU loses 2 and we beat UAB, I believe we will not only play in the CUSA championship, but we will be hosting it, and playing UAB again....

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I've been thinking if MT won this weekend and FIU lost, it would so like Middle to go to utep and lose. Thankfully utep broke their losing streak today against Rice.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
I've been thinking if MT won this weekend and FIU lost, it would so like Middle to go to utep and lose. Thankfully utep broke their losing streak today against Rice.
We could still pull a classic Middle. UTEP will be hungry for that 2 game win streak...

Losing to UTEP would be a nightmare of nightmares. Stock keeps talking about how special this team and how much he likes it. With as much experience as he has in this business combaimed wit’s his feelings for this team I would hope to god they can beat UTEP

The good news is our team (I Think) is humble. They know they are not good enough to take UTEP lightly. I think its amazing that we have won with the offense we have. Aside from Stock, Lee and 87, we don't have anyone we can depend on. And yet, different guys are stepping up. I hope we are beginning to come to something that resembles a peak.

Do we really have that good of a chance to make the championship game? Since Marshall lost to USM today, it seems to me we need so many things go our way now. We need to win out in conference, we need FIU to lose at least one more, and we need Marshall to win out as well to keep it a 3 way tie. Wouldn't FIU have the tiebreaker over us if it's a 2 way tie?

We have UTEP and UAB left
FIU and Marshall play each other, UTSA, and Charlotte

Do we really have that good of a chance to make the championship game? Since Marshall lost to USM today, it seems to me we need so many things go our way now. We need to win out in conference, we need FIU to lose at least one more, and we need Marshall to win out as well to keep it a 3 way tie. Wouldn't FIU have the tiebreaker over us if it's a 2 way tie?

If we win out then we are 7-1 in conference. If FIU loses once more then they’re 6-2, at best. No one else would have 1 conference loss in the east. We would automatically win the division at that point.

Basically we win out and FIU loses any remaining game, we win the East. And because this scenario has us beating UAB, we would turn around and host UAB in the championship game the following week.

If it’s a 2 way tie for division with us and FIU, they win the tiebreaker.

If it’s a 3 way tie with us, Marshall and FIU, we would now win by tiebreaker. In this scenario (meaning Marshall wins out, we lose to UTEP or UAB & FIU loses to Marshall) the 3 way tie is broken by division winning %. MT and Marshall would be 5-1 against the east & FIU would be 4-2. Remove FIU & we go over Marshall for our head to head win.

Thanks to FAU and the fact we can’t lose another East game, even in a doomsday 3 way tie (we lose to UTEP and UAB), we win tiebreakers with Marshall and Charlotte and advance.

So we need FIU to lose 1 game and we win out, or if we lose we want the 3 way tie.

Basically, we rolled a 7 this weekend. Our chances of playing for the championship just went way up. I was a huge FAU fan last night. Now I will be a big Charlotte and Marshall fan now. One of those teams will beat FIU. Marshall will dial back in. Charlotte's D will give FIU fits. FIU can't defend the run and LeMay is good.

Thanks for the clarification guys, for some reason I was omitting the fact we'd only have 1 loss to FIUs 2 if we win out and they drop one more. Too early to be thinking about that haha.

That makes me feel better about our chances then. Their's a good chance FIU loses again, then we just need to take care of business

Basically we win out and FIU loses any remaining game, we win the East. And because this scenario has us beating UAB, we would turn around and host UAB in the championship game the following week.

If it’s a 3 way tie with us, Marshall and FIU, we would now win by tiebreaker. In this scenario (meaning Marshall wins out, we lose to UTEP or UAB & FIU loses to Marshall) the 3 way tie is broken by division winning %. MT and Marshall would be 5-1 against the east & FIU would be 4-2. Remove FIU & we go over Marshall for our head to head win.

Thanks to FAU and the fact we can’t lose another East game, even in a doomsday 3 way tie (we lose to UTEP and UAB), we win tiebreakers with Marshall and Charlotte and advance.

So we need FIU to lose 1 game and we win out, or if we lose we want the 3 way tie.
Thanks for doing the analysis. I thought there'd be no way we'd get in with 2 conference losses, but now you're telling me there's a chance. Speaking of "The most Middle thing ever," we could very easily beat UTEP, lose to Kentucky, lose to UAB, play for a conference title, lose to UAB again and be 7-6 heading into our bowl game. This could set us up to finish 7-7, one of the rarest final records in college football :)

Thanks for doing the analysis. I thought there'd be no way we'd get in with 2 conference losses, but now you're telling me there's a chance. Speaking of "The most Middle thing ever," we could very easily beat UTEP, lose to Kentucky, lose to UAB, play for a conference title, lose to UAB again and be 7-6 heading into our bowl game. This could set us up to finish 7-7, one of the rarest final records in college football :)

We still need FIU to lose & we need to avoid a L or hope Charlotte or Marshall cause a 3-way.

I am vary wary of having to beat UAB to weeks in a row. To win the east and CUSA.

Where did you find that? I read it on Underdog Dynasty. But I was trying to find it from CUSA.

Where did you find that? I read it on Underdog Dynasty. But I was trying to find it from CUSA.

Well, I worked it out using CUSA tiebreaker site and it matched the underdog dynasty site. I don’t think CUSA has released it with school names yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT