ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Floyd capacity

zreed

Blue Raider
Oct 9, 2018
Was talking expansion of KSU's stadium(currently 10,200, hard to believe there will be FBS football there in less than two months) and I was curious as to what our updated capacity is and was surprised to find it still listed at 30,788 on wiki as well as on our own damn website.

I'm a little shaky on my timeline because it's been more than a decade since I was at every home game and I've probably attended just just two or three total in the last six or seven years, but it feels like we've had tarps for at least that long and now we've played one(two?) seasons with the endzone/corner upper deck gone. Anyone know what our real capacity is now and/or will be after renovations are complete?

Was talking expansion of KSU's stadium(currently 10,200, hard to believe there will be FBS football there in less than two months) and I was curious as to what our updated capacity is and was surprised to find it still listed at 30,788 on wiki as well as on our own damn website.

I'm a little shaky on my timeline because it's been more than a decade since I was at every home game and I've probably attended just just two or three total in the last six or seven years, but it feels like we've had tarps for at least that long and now we've played one(two?) seasons with the endzone/corner upper deck gone. Anyone know what our real capacity is now and/or will be after renovations are complete?
They haven’t given an official count yet. I am guessing in the 28-29k range.

Reactions: MTFAN61
While we are at it, let's do something like this. Freaking awesome.

VT has always installed cushions/backs for season ticket holders (I bought someone's when we played there) but these are even better than those.

Lose a few hundred seats and space them a bit and I'd guarantee we'd come out ahead as people would pay a bit extra once we get a good fan base going again.

Season ticket holders could add MT chairs (exactly like those VT chairs) on their bleacher seats about ten to fifteen years ago. I got them for the three or four years they were offered.
Honestly they should do that again. Clemson does something similar.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT