ADVERTISEMENT

Update on construction....

Bleachers under scoreboard could use a good cleaning.
I’m partial to that two seater bench right under the scoreboard. I’ve walked around to that spot for several games. The Duke game a few years back was pretty much played in that corner. They torched our right cornerback and safeties.

On the scoreboard note, what is the point of the Ascend nets? Thankful for the advertising dollars but they are wayyyy too low and get kicked over nearly every single time.

Zeke is gonna wack the snot out of that new board if they don't adjust how the net pulls up.

On the scoreboard note, what is the point of the Ascend nets? Thankful for the advertising dollars but they are wayyyy too low and get kicked over nearly every single time.

Zeke is gonna wack the snot out of that new board if they don't adjust how the net pulls up.

I don't really think that's going to be much of an issue. I've rarely seen even an extra point get much further than the top of that end of the stadium - much less the board. Just to get that far at ground level would be about 55-60 yards if not more and the board is a good 30 to 40 feet further up, so you need to be able to boot about 70 yards to even have a chance at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I don't really think that's going to be much of an issue. I've rarely seen even an extra point get much further than the top of that end of the stadium - much less the board. Just to get that far at ground level would be about 55-60 yards if not more and the board is a good 30 to 40 feet further up, so you need to be able to boot about 70 yards to even have a chance at the bottom of the scoreboard.
All good points. Hadn't calculated the distance.

Just annoys me when a kick lands in the stands by going over the net. And I honestly don't know why. 🤣

I guess they heard you guys on the branding.
Step in the right direction and I absolutely applaud them so far. This, new jerseys, the staff outfits, etc.

Still lots of work to do though. I guarantee the TV ticker/score box will still say MTSU. Things like that. Out main social handle is @mtsu for Pete's sake.

Lots to do but looking good so far. All this can be done even without a name change. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University anyone?

Step in the right direction and I absolutely applaud them so far. This, new jerseys, the staff outfits, etc.

Still lots of work to do though. I guarantee the TV ticker/score box will still say MTSU. Things like that. Out main social handle is @mtsu for Pete's sake.

Lots to do but looking good so far. All this can be done even without a name change. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University anyone?
Louisiana Sate University and Agricultural and Mechanical College

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
What are the odds of an indoor practice facility ever getting built?

(Or is that something they are even discussing?)

Reactions: MTFAN61
What are the odds of an indoor practice facility ever getting built?

(Or is that something they are even discussing?)
We've been told it is phase 3. The loading dock move for Murphy is underway and will be done by the time the SAPC is finished. Then Murphy will be renovated with luxury boxes, football offices/locker rooms removed, new main entrance beside the SAPC, etc. Unless someone donates for it in full making $ earmarked just for an IPF, we are easily 5yrs from it between Muprhy construction and fundraising. It will just be prefab metal with HVAC and some brick, but will wind up costing way more by waiting. Still no confirmation on if the track is being moved there from Murphy with some seating.

I don't agree with doing Murphy first, but they have their reasons.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
We've been told it is phase 3. The loading dock move for Murphy is underway and will be done by the time the SAPC is finished. Then Murphy will be renovated with luxury boxes, football offices/locker rooms removed, new main entrance beside the SAPC, etc. Unless someone donates for it in full making $ earmarked just for an IPF, we are easily 5yrs from it between Muprhy construction and fundraising. It will just be prefab metal with HVAC and some brick, but will wind up costing way more by waiting. Still no confirmation on if the track is being moved there from Murphy with some seating.

I don't agree with doing Murphy first, but they have their reasons.

SAPC is estimated to be complete this time next year. Correct?

What’s the timeline on Murphy completion?

SAPC is estimated to be complete this time next year. Correct?

What’s the timeline on Murphy completion?
Correct. On track to be open for '25 season.

No idea yet. As of this past April they were still conducting the feasibility study on what needed/could be done. It isn't fully funded yet either.

Reactions: scjohnny
Correct. On track to be open for '25 season.

No idea yet. As of this past April they were still conducting the feasibility study on what needed/could be done. It isn't fully funded yet either.

As far as the ending of the Stockstill era (from reading this board) I think it’s fair to say most die-hard fans think it was overdue.

However, IMO it says a lot that even during that time people were still willing to open their wallets for these pretty amazing upgrades. The future is bright. Especially if CDM can put a good product on the field in year one, which I think he will.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn from previous conversations with folks in the Dept, but the hope / plan is to start parts of Phase 2 ASAP after Floyd.

IOW, MT will probably not wait for "fully funded" to go ahead renovate the areas vacated by the football team. This will allow MT MBB, the athletic department, and other parts of the AD to spread the wings a little bit. And it could be completed for a relatively affordable price.

Getting suites built in MC & cleaning up / renovating the inside is absolutely critical for the long-term financial health of the dept. Suites = $$$. Having a few nice sections of nice, comfortable seats that you can charge a little more $$$ will be helpful too.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn from previous conversations with folks in the Dept, but the hope / plan is to start parts of Phase 2 ASAP after Floyd.

IOW, MT will probably not wait for "fully funded" to go ahead renovate the areas vacated by the football team. This will allow MT MBB, the athletic department, and other parts of the AD to spread the wings a little bit. And it could be completed for a relatively affordable price.

Getting suites built in MC & cleaning up / renovating the inside is absolutely critical for the long-term financial health of the dept. Suites = $$$. Having a few nice sections of nice, comfortable seats that you can charge a little more $$$ will be helpful too.
More excited to see a renovated Murphy Center than anything else. Indoor practice facility is a close second for me.

If I am in charge the first thing I do after the football facility is done is brick the football stadium to match the baseball stadium. The grey we have is just awful and cheap looking.
I've always wondered what it would cost to glass in the sides with what's on the Murphy Center.

I understand it may not be feasible, but if we could enclose it and make the 1st and 2nd level like a club area. Also, give somewhere to go in inclement weather. Blue turf inside it.

I don't agree with doing Murphy first, but they have their reason

North Texas has an IPF out here in Denton and it is similar design to what you just said. It is nice and wish we at least had something sooner than 5 years. Maybe we have a great year and get some new high worth donors this year!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT