ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Undrafted Free Agents

Mildly interesting that both of those two were picked up by Jacksonville.

Rhodes to the Titans is fairly interesting. All things being equal, I wouldn't have expected him to be picked by anyone. With Rhodes, all things aren't equal. Good character guy. Good story also makes for some good press in the preseason. He seemed to develop a legit size and strength for an edge guy. That lingering question remains in the back of my mind, what might Rhodes Jr & Sr seasons looked like with another defensive coaching staff. Sadly, the defensive coaching staff the last few years just did not seem to develop the players into clear and outstanding production on the field. The work by the young men and the weight room guys appears to be in place, but on field technique, schemes, positioning, and system working together just wasn't all that great.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
I think Mathers is in a good spot. Obviously Jacksonville wants Fournette to be their guy but outside of TJ Yeldon who cant stay healthy for a whole year the rest of the backs on the roster don't look that great

The lack of NFL players over the past decade is a little mind boggling. Up the road WKU is routinely producing drafted NFL players.

We have Byard and the rest of our guys can't even get a combine invite.
I don't believe they had many in the 7 years previous to Petrino, but the "coming of age" of Taggart's recruits, Petrino's discipline, and Brohm's coaching/leadership allowed WKU to have a nice little run draft picks over the last 2-3 years.

The lack of NFL players over the past decade is a little mind boggling. Up the road WKU is routinely producing drafted NFL players.

We have Byard and the rest of our guys can't even get a combine invite.

You know, Donnelly put out guys that stuck with the NFL for years. For the lower scholarship numbers back then in 1aa, Donnelly was efficient in his recruiting and getting guys that could get in done in the pros. Donnelly was head coach for twenty years and MT has been in 1A/FBS for nearly twenty years. Have we equaled the numbers in terms of players and years played in the NFL? I haven't looked at the numbers, but IMO we have under performed in that area...

In this morning's edition of the Tennessean, it shows Chris Hale in the Titan's camp.

C_pXmccUMAASLIc.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT