ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL UAB beat latech this afternoon in B'ham...

La Tech missed 2 PATs and lost by 1 point! That may be as bad of a day, as the Marshall kicker had against us.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
WKU barely beat UTEP. Wowsers. WKU fans are not happy with their new coach either.

I went 5-2 yesterday. Picking WKU to win but not cover was one I thought I'd surely eat it on. Thank you UTEP and Coach Price. :) LaTech and UTSA let me down.

WKU barely beat UTEP. Wowsers. WKU fans are not happy with their new coach either.

I went 5-2 yesterday. Picking WKU to win but not cover was one I thought I'd surely eat it on. Thank you UTEP and Coach Price. :) LaTech and UTSA let me down.

The league is still wide open. Right now FAU seems to be playing the best.

I agree. FAU's playcalling and snap speed on O is throwing folks for a loop. We couldn't sub on D fast enough and got torched.

Grammar beat him out and he ran.
I guess we'll see who made the right decision Saturday.

If he would have stayed he would be playing right now. But he also knew BS was here. He probably made the right call for himself if he wanted to play. If they win it isn’t about MT making the wrong decision - so don’t play that angle if it happens.

If he would have stayed he would be playing right now. But he also knew BS was here. He probably made the right call for himself if he wanted to play. If they win it isn’t about MT making the wrong decision - so don’t play that angle if it happens.
I won't but you know the media will eat it up. Fact.

Grammar beat him out and he ran.

Yeah Grammar was so great.....not.

Erdely never got a shot despite doing quite well in practice and spring games. Not sure if it was Buster or what but he got a raw deal and you're gonna see why I liked Erdely so much on Saturday and why our staff was wrong to never elevate him above 3rd string.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Yeah Grammar was so great.....not.

Erdely never got a shot despite doing quite well in practice and spring games. Not sure if it was Buster or what but he got a raw deal and you're gonna see why I liked Erdely so much on Saturday and why our staff was wrong to never elevate him above 3rd string.
For some reason Stock was never going to give AJ a chance. Buster told AJ if he wanted to play he would have to leave.

mmm...regardless of how folks feel about CRS or the state of the program under him, Brent's performance in his freshman year showed exactly why erdeley left and austin grammar bailed for DII football after Brent's first year.

mmm...regardless of how folks feel about CRS or the state of the program under him, Brent's performance in his freshman year showed exactly why erdeley left and austin grammar bailed for DII football after Brent's first year.
Going back to his Senior year at Siegel Brent has been injury proned. He's nearly unstoppable.....when healthy.

Going back to his Senior year at Siegel Brent has been injury proned. He's nearly unstoppable.....when healthy.

What does that have to do with AJ leaving?

You guys are making it seem like he is some kind of stud QB. He is completing 56% for 931 yards after 5 games against some weak competition (Ball St, Alabama St, Coastal C, NT and LT - none of these teams a defensive dynamo) He has done a good job protecting the ball, he is also a 5th year SR.

Urzua adjusted QBR is about the same (only because of the turnovers) against much better teams.

You all are just approaching every single thing from a negative posture. Still waiting for you or Wiley to praise Urzua for Saturday's game.

Last edited:
I love it when we actually win a game the way we are supposed to and someone always pipes up and then goes "Yeah, but it was FIU. We were supposed to do that." Really? Did anyone on here think we would beat them by 20 and have no turnovers? Vegas had us as a 10 point favorite and most folks on here thought that was crazy. So we win by 20 and then people still say "Well, the team we played sucked." The team we played had a better record than we did. We played better competition but again, we doubled what Vegas thought we'd win by.

I was glad I went and thought we played our cleanest game. Urzua is 2-2 and we'll see what happens on Saturday. He is 0-2 on the road and 1-3 on the road overall.

It's a test for us. However, AJ is no Baker Mayfield. He's been a good game manager for them and all but LaTech missed 2 PT's and had a FG blocked to lose to UAB. That's a big difference compared to AJ single handedly torching them which he didn't.

They key to beating UAB is shutting down Spencer Brown. If we do that, then AJ has to beat us with his arm and I'll gladly take that chance. Their big WR is Andre Wilson. If we limit those 2. Then AJ has got to create on the fly which is something he couldn't do here. We know him. We know what he's good at and what he sucks at and trust me, we will make him uncomfortable. Brady and Minter coming back is at the right time. Brooks has a good game whenever Brady is in there and we will be gunning for AJ. Should be a great game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I love it when we actually win a game the way we are supposed to and someone always pipes up and then goes "Yeah, but it was FIU. We were supposed to do that." Really? Did anyone on here think we would beat them by 20 and have no turnovers? Vegas had us as a 10 point favorite and most folks on here thought that was crazy. So we win by 20 and then people still say "Well, the team we played sucked." The team we played had a better record than we did. We played better competition but again, we doubled what Vegas thought we'd win by.

I was glad I went and thought we played our cleanest game. Urzua is 2-2 and we'll see what happens on Saturday. He is 0-2 on the road and 1-3 on the road overall.

It's a test for us. However, AJ is no Baker Mayfield. He's been a good game manager for them and all but LaTech missed 2 PT's and had a FG blocked to lose to UAB. That's a big difference compared to AJ single handedly torching them which he didn't.

They key to beating UAB is shutting down Spencer Brown. If we do that, then AJ has to beat us with his arm and I'll gladly take that chance. Their big WR is Andre Wilson. If we limit those 2. Then AJ has got to create on the fly which is something he couldn't do here. We know him. We know what he's good at and what he sucks at and trust me, we will make him uncomfortable. Brady and Minter coming back is at the right time. Brooks has a good game whenever Brady is in there and we will be gunning for AJ. Should be a great game.

Anytime we go on the road its tough. I think the other thing to control is AJ running for yards, he has some ability. Lets be honest, we have played mistake prone FB in our losses by stopping ourselves. I think this game is less about UAB and more about us. If we don't lose the turnover battle, we win. Go find another team in FBS who has a -8 TO margin and is 3-3.

Our offense is averaging about 480 yds the last three games with our best players out - most will be back next Saturday.

My hope is the FAU game was an outlyer from our D. I think for UAB to win they are gonna have to run a lot (something over 250 yards). We average giving up 120 (with FAU's 270 averaged in).

Should be a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT