ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Ty Mosley transfers to MTSU

Stats

What I like: 11 ppg on 51.5% shooting is pretty good. 49% from 3 is very good (albeit subtle volume at 3 3PApg). 79.5% from the stripe is somewhere between pretty and very good. So seems like a good shooter all that said.

What concerns me: he comes from a 5-27 team that was ranked 357 out of 363 on KenPom. Only played 21 games last season, which is the only year he has played D1 ball despite graduating HS five years ago. Also worth noting Middle will be his sixth stop in six seasons of post HS basketball.

We’ll see. I’m not writing him off but I’m reluctant to expect a significant contributor.

I like the add. We need shooters and he seems like he can make some shots.

Reactions: MTLynn
He fits the lengthy wing/guard mold that McDevitt likes to play. As pointed out there are some iffy aspects here, but we have so many holes to fill in this roster it's worth a flyer. Many of the +16 point D1 players in the portal are still holding out for a payday possibility. Mosley showed some smarts knowing that based on his resume he's not in that league yet. He just wanted to go from a bad situation to possibly a more solid & competitive team. Middle Tennessee offers him that opportunity & a chance for some play time on a team that averaged more than 20 wins over the past 2 years.
While a bit of a gamble on both sides, it's less of one on his part. Fairly smart move on his part to take a shot on being accepted at a more established school. While we're not a powerhouse we're also a decent step up from Mississippi Valley.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT