ADVERTISEMENT

#True Blue Summer tour

A real tour to grow the fan base; not one damn stop outside of the city limits - We surely have a D-1 program, NOT!

It all starts with Murfreesboro.

Just win the conference title, coach.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conte...ions-many-blue-raider-alumni-attendance-boost

"We got to get them to come. If they are a Middle Tennessee fan they got to come,” football coach Rick Stockstill said. “It is a better league, a better received league nationally [than the Sun Belt] and we have to step up our game also. I’ve heard all the reasons why we haven’t sold out every game. To me there is no reason why we can’t sell it out. We have 28,000 students and 100,000 people in Murfreesboro. We ought to be able to get 30,000 in there every week. That’s my goal. I’m going to keep pushing"

I agree. However, our home record has been great the past few years. Winning at home should play a huge factor, as the average Murfreesboro resident probably doesn't realize that we lost to LaTech last year. Winning at home and game day atmosphere (severely lacking) plays a bigger part in increasing attendance of the casual fan than winning the CUSA championship, in my opinion.

I compare CUSA football to minor league baseball. Show them a good time and win while they are there, and they will come back. Or get into the college football playoff (or come close).

That's not saying I don't want to win a championship or that it's not important. I just feel other things are more important to the borderline football fan when it's comes to where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT