ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB TN in HSV

Kudos on this. Stinks not having another Boro game, but giving the ladies experience in the arena will come back as a benefit.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Kudos on this. Stinks not having another Boro game, but giving the ladies experience in the arena will come back as a benefit.
I agree, kudos for making this happen. But I do wonder if this was a compromise to get this series going again? We had publicly stated that we expected teams to come to us if we were going to go to them. Therefore, my guess is that Tennessee wouldn't do a 2 for 2, but did meet us in the middle and do a 2 for 1 with a second road game on a neutral court. If that's what it took, I am good with it especially since, as you mentioned, this gives us some experience in the Huntsville arena where the CUSA tourney will be held later.

Last edited:
I agree, kudos for making this happen. But I do wonder if this was a compromise to get this series going again? We had publicly stated that we expected teams to come to us if we were going to go to them. Therefore, my guess is that Tennessee wouldn't do a 2 for 2, but did meet us in the middle and do a 2 for 1 with a second road game on a neutral court. If that's what it took, I am good with it especially since, as you mentioned, this gives us some experience in the Huntsville arena where the CUSA tourney will be held later.
Yeah, honestly this deal is pretty damn good. Much more than I would have expected most programs like UT to offer. That goes to show the power of good relationships like the Insells have built.

The ladies program has developed itself into a nice level of respectability. Developing home & homes with Louisville, Kentucky, & now Tennessee shows how far MT women's basketball has come. Rick said there's been strong interest in Matt at other institutions. Hopefully he'll stay around till dad retires. If so I think we could eventually take another step up.

The ladies program has developed itself into a nice level of respectability. Developing home & homes with Louisville, Kentucky, & now Tennessee shows how far MT women's basketball has come. Rick said there's been strong interest in Matt at other institutions. Hopefully he'll stay around till dad retires. If so I think we could eventually take another step up.
I think he's been weighing retirement more and more. Someone whom I trust said this upcoming year would be his last season but as we have seen so many times in all sports, it's hard to step away so we'll see.

I think he's been weighing retirement more and more. Someone whom I trust said this upcoming year would be his last season but as we have seen so many times in all sports, it's hard to step away so we'll see.
I agree. I think before retiring he's wanting to get the 9 straight ncaa tournament 1st round loss monkey's off his back. I believe he could comfortably retire if he could get 1 more major tourney win. Hard to retire with such an illustrious regular season career, & then have so much difficulty in the ncaa's. Deep down I can understand that being very frustrating. Hopefully in the next couple of years he can pull that special post season victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT