ADVERTISEMENT

They did a really good job with this video

The Batties catch and run into the end zone in overtime against WKU never gets old. I rank that right up there with the blocked FG against Vandy.

Really?????

If you look at it objectively the video was really low quality quite honestly.

The music was horrible, the whole first half was a slow piano tune that was annoyingly slow, then they switch to some crappy techno that's not even good. I like electronic music by the way, but that was horrible. I like the uptempo feel, but it didn't mesh well with football highlights.

Some of the highlights were just nothing special. Definitely some good ones, but a random QB sack isn't much of a highlight to me. I want to see More stand out plays. Some were just lame. Dig a little deeper.

The camera angles drove me crazy. Was someone laying down on the field when the recorded this? I hate the field level highlights. You can't see the perspective very well. People are used to seeing Highlights on TV, such as ESPN, so format it similar. Field level highlights are too distracting because your eyes can't focus well on the specific area the editor is trying to highlight.

Announcing - I like the announcers sprinkled in, but let's minimize Chip Walters on here. His energy level is just too slow sounding. The national announcers sounded much better.

The video needed more jazz or sizzle. Show some off the field stuff, like in the locker room after a big win. A few quotes from players or coaches, something.

Overall I give it a 3/10. Seemed like very lazy video editing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT